How long does a new mouse typically last you?

How long does a new mouse typically last you?

• Less than a year

• 1-2 years

• 3-4 years

• 5+ years

• I do not use a mouse...

• Total voters
My Razer mouse lasted me like 6 or 7 years, really good quality but it was like $200. My current muse is like $50, I think I got it like 2 years ago at PAX East. So, hopefully this one lasts 5+.

Got my Razer Deathadder in early 2013. Still going fine.

I also have a logitech trackball, don't use it a lot these days but when I was doing video editing it was good for it. I've had that well over a decade.

I'm currently using a $16 cad mouse (Redragon M601 Wired Gaming Mouse)

It's lasted me 3 years so far, or two. I can't remember when first buying it. Mouse works fine, though the mouse wheel is broken -_-

I bought a Logitech G402 when I came back to the community in mid-2014. It's done me well and I still use it when I game on the go. I've had my G502 for about 3 years now and it's still just as fine as can other than it looks a little rough around the edges, but it's still a champ. My boys have done me good and I'm proud of both of them.

ive never used a mouse to its breaking point, I always get a new mouse before, but my current mouse is really good a rival 600.

Typically around 2 years.

I had one g602 that I really liked and spent around $100 on. But, I sadly handled it too hard, and threw it against my wall when trying to flick. The whole in the drywall was there for about a month.

My Logitech mouse bit the dust at around a year but my Microsoft mouse lasted me 3 years. The Logitech mouse was around 17$ and my Microsoft mouse was around 67$

I didn't realize that a $10 wireless mouse wasn't good till I started doing competitive gaming and bought a Logitech g502 and its been going on 1 year strong with a few kinks to the wire

I was able to replace the cable on my Logitech G500, extending it's life by a few years. The repair was tricky but saved me a lot of money.

I think I had my G500 for about 2 years then I got the Razer Mamba which lasted another 2 years (tho I gave it to a friend and it's working just fine now) and I have my Razer Lancehead that I've had for the past 3 years just about.

If you guys can, invest in one of those scorpion looking cable holders for the cable. It has helped

Last edited:
I have had Logitech for years. My first wireless mouse lasted about 2 years but was cheap and not a gaming mouse. I bought a G903 wireless which lasted me 3+ years and actually is still fine. But I grew tired of the recharging and I now use a wired Alienware custom gaming mouse and it is awesome. I've had it about 1 1/2 years and still going strong. All of them have been optical for gaming.

Evidently, shorter than my keyboards. I've gone through 3 or 4 mice in the past decade. Meanwhile, I'm using a keyboard from 2012.

Back