For all you non pg members freaking out about the new website

D3FaulT

🗽 Concrete jungle where dreams are made of🗽
=(eGO)=
For all of you who are saying the website needs to be reverted or that it's plain and dumb I got some photos to show you. This was Prestige Gamings website before we merged with EdgeGamers. Keep in mind this was an older version of XenForo and way back in 2017. Look at the backgrounds and the colors on different sections on the website. I'm showing you all these images so you can get a little idea of what this website will somewhat look like in a little bit. It's easy to hate on it and not understand if you haven't seen more decorated versions of what it could be. So just keep that in mind, I really think this website will be looking really good soon, in my opinion it's already better than the old forums.

Have a good day,
D3FaulT

firefox_0KputsWecr.png

firefox_7Sn87n3mB7.png

Don't worry, people pulled the same reactions when we went from Vbulletin 3 to 4, couple years ago. Once the kinks get worked out people recognize an upgrade is a good thing. Lots of forums I use are running Xenforo and it works well, is smooth, and a big upgrade from the old site.

For even more context - people, we setup vbulletin a LONG time ago. Seriously, a refresh was super needed - the site was practically bogging down with "stuff" and old plugins that'd been hacked up over the years to keep it going and move between versions. This is a blessing to get an upgrade.

When we went from VB 3 to 4 it took about a month to fully get back the "features" we liked. Patience pals! It'll be worth it.

I’m too aware of that website from the pG days ❤️ It was very nice. Although I got used to the eGO forums too after sometime aswell. Super excited to see the upcoming changes!

I think people were freaking out about the new forums because it's just new. But also it was unfinished. I didn't like the new forums at first because it was unfinished and it was boring. But as more stuff is getting added it's getting better.
Also, holy nostalgia. If we can bring back the when Community News was separate from Community Events, that would be nice.

People are afraid of change and prefer the familiar. In a few months when everyone gets used to the new website, they will be singing the praises.

We were long for an upgrade. This new website will allow EdgeGamers to modernize its theme and brand presence massively.
Luckily we have such fantastic members of Tech who are working to improve the new forums!l everyday, patience everyone! ☺️

Y'know, I personally haven't really seen a lot of people calling the forum change bad. I think the majority of the critics see the website in its current stage and do not know things are not finished. When they hear that there are still changes to come, they are quickly silenced.

I think the changes to the forums are good to bring down bloat, and allow us to modernize as many leaders have said.

However, I think the biggest problem to this upgrade is people trying to make it just like pG. I can understand the desire to nostalgic, and want things back in the good ol' days. There's not much wrong with this, but when people say things like this:

bring back pg forums much simpler, just get the old website and change the names thats it

This personally hurts me, for reasons I'll explain. Around 3-4 years ago, I actually spent some time around the pG servers. They were the biggest in CSGO, and I did not know about the eGO servers. But, quite frankly, I did not like the pG servers or community. I thought they were bad, and when I stumbled upon eGO's server they were much better. I then loved our servers for the next few years, until they ran into tech problems. These tech problems were not getting fixed. And then, the same community that I did not like, merged with us out of the blue. Our servers would continue to stay broken until leadership shut them down, claiming we already had a working JB and TTT server (pG's). Of course, these were the exact server that I, and the large majority of eGO CS, did not like. This caused basically everyone in old eGO to quit, or move onto other parts of eGO: even member of Leadership. Frankly, I was right there with them. I spent the majority of the time since the merge away from the community. I have come back because of these newfound blocks of time that all of us have gained thanks to the virus.

So simply said, when the only complaints of a pG activist are, bring back forum, bring back website, and bring back name, it looks pretty petty. How about I do it from my side? Bring back servers! Bring back my friends! Bring back leadership, ATs, ECs, mappers! and keep pG away!

I understand there are sacrifices that are made, and things will need to move on. That can be seen by the lack of posts with the requests made above. And frankly, now I don't really want to be back there, I think it's too far gone. But, that's really why it pains me to see all of the new forum suggestion pages get flooded with suggestions of "I want to be pG again".

Last edited:
Starting fresh with something viable for everyone and not trying to live in the past is a better way forward.

Back