Bad Company 2 For those having lag issues on BC2

Arbiter

⚔️ EGO Dictator ⚔️
=(eGO)=
```
please do the following:

1. Temporarily disable any firewall that you may be running.

2. Download the version of WinMTR for your system here. https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/

3. Open the winmtr-vxxx.zip file that downloads and place the "winmtr-vxxx" folder inside of it in a location of your choice.

4. Go inside the "winmtr_xXX" (whichever is correct for your OS) folder and double click on the WinMTR.exe file (on Windows Vista/7, right-click it and select "Run as administrator" instead).

5. Generally its best to leave the options set the way they are for testing purposes. In the "Host" field at the top, type in the IP or address to one of the servers you are having problems with.

6. Leave it running for 500-1000 tests. You can let it run in the background, you shouldn't see any lag from the program. After this, click the "Stop" button.

7. Next, click the "Copy Text to clipboard" button on the far left, and then paste it here in this thread.

Loss is all at " 0 " , everything seems OK but I get massive amounts of Lag Spikes , buggy bounces all the time , helos jump all over the map , can't even take a shot at a helo most of the time .

WinMTR Test.jpg

According to Rogers Tech ( my service provider ) the 1st line ( CODA , which is my Modem ) does not count and means nothing , it is only the next lines that matter .

According to Rogers Tech ( my service provider ) the 1st line ( CODA , which is my Modem ) does not count and means nothing , it is only the next lines that matter .

Everything after the first line is what happens after it leaves your modem. How many other players are experiencing this issue as well?

Everything after the first line is what happens after it leaves your modem. How many other players are experiencing this issue as well?

I've also been seeing short periods of lag. It usually only lasts a minute then it's back to normal. I don't have a traceroute for it though because I didn't see this thread until now. Next time!

Are you hooked directly to your cable modem? Or is it a cable modem/router? It's been a moment since I have played with winMTR, but can you go into options and enable a jitter measurement?

WinMTR.jpg

Loss% is Packet Loss , Best is ping , the 1st line does not matter ( I would have 93% Loss to my Router ) , would even be on the internet .

If you start seeing Packet Loss ( Loss%) that is an indication of a connection problem , if you don't see Loss% on basically all the lines then it would be at the other end ( where you are connecting to ) if they all have Loss% then the problem is at your end or your service provider .

There was once a player named papa960 or something who once told me they moved the server from Texas to Florida. Texas would be more centralized for U.S. players. If lag is a major issue for many players maybe EGO should find another server. It's always laggy for me during the day.

Back