What game was deceivingly good?

b t

:B
Manager
Have you ever had a game that people tell you to get, you feel like you won’t like it, and it turns out to be a masterpiece?

Stardew Valley and Dead by Daylight were definitely that for me.

What about you?

Skater XL, D2, Dead By Daylight, The Dark souls trilogy, binding of issac. H1Z1 (when that was a popular game), Apex Legends, and The Forest

Reactions: b t
prob valorant. I really didn't think i was gonna like it. But it turned out to be really fun

Dark Souls was a game I put off for forever but man was it good. Stardew definitely was a nice surprise too.

There are two indie games called Hyper Light Drifter and Hob that I got on sale which were pretty amazing and a decent challenge. Didn't expect much from either of them but would definitely recommend.

Before I played them I always thought that Earthbound and mother 3 kind of looked lame, turns out they are some of the best RPGs out there, especially Mother 3

Also whenever people say D2 this is all I can think of, to this day I dont know what D2 means so I am under the assumption that you all love this game for some reason

Last edited:
  • Love
Before I played them I always thought that Earthbound and mother 3 kind of looked lame, turns out they are some of the best RPGs out there, especially Mother 3

Also whenever people say D2 this is all I can think of, to this day I dont know what D2 means so I am under the assumption that you all love this game for some reason

Ok but I meme with the Electro Specter all the time in the LE Chats and you never reply to them, ok.

I think the mother series is the perfect example of a deceivingly good game. It looks like it's going to be a kid's RPG with an incohesive story and odd translation. It turns into one of the most wacky and interesting RPGs to ever exist. I will always recommend Earthbound to anyone who asks for game recommendations, Mother 3 even more so.

9E2EC509-00C8-4D7A-B04E-67F2B0F3D851.png

Ok but I meme with the Electro Specter all the time in the LE Chats and you never reply to them, ok.

I think the mother series is the perfect example of a deceivingly good game. It looks like it's going to be a kid's RPG with an incohesive story and odd translation. It turns into one of the most wacky and interesting RPGs to ever exist. I will always recommend Earthbound to anyone who asks for game recommendations, Mother 3 even more so.

View attachment 429
I see the electro specter, I am just never certain what emotion its supposed to convey

C6MWammUwAAVu-W

for me was Halo, was skeptical at first then we played a bunch of stuff and really loved it

Red Orchestra 2 for sure. Thought it would be a knock off version of COD: World at War. But the game is so much more. 4 different factions with multiple vehicles and arsenals on both fronts of WW2. I enjoyed the game very much.

Temtem. As an avid Pokemon fan, literally playing from the beginning on my Gameboy Pocket, I have always disliked Pokemon clones. I saw Temtem on Steam and thought it looked just like any other Monster game. Eventually, I gave in, so bored and just wanting a new game to play. I bought the game and was hooked after the first 15 - 30 minutes.

Back