Resolved Dust_2 source server

kunyun

Rookie
It looks like similar issues to before. Reg is messed up if anyone could take a look at it please. We appreciate it!

I've actually seen the server run really well after covert gets done working on it. Maybe if he could come in and get it working like it has in the past?

It looks like similar issues to before. Reg is messed up if anyone could take a look at it please. We appreciate it!

There hasn't been changes since last week. We can try having the server on an auto-restart schedule everyday at 4AM PST since the server usually just runs until we update it again or it crashes.

Could we upgrade the server to 100 tick?

The server is already 100 tick.

After the server restart covert did today the server did run like butter but only for a couple hours. At least that was my observation. what else could be done to keep it running like it does right off of a restart?

After the server restart covert did today the server did run like butter but only for a couple hours. At least that was my observation. what else could be done to keep it running like it does right off of a restart?

Anything specific that you noticed change between the restart and later?

Covert Covert The most noticeable thing after it reset was actually how clear the voices were; well that, and how smooth it felt. After a couple hours, the voices sounded like they usually do and it wasn't buttery smooth movement. The main thing I guess is the shot registration, that I'm not super experienced to talk about, but I definitely can notice when it's running smoothly and not. Thanks for making it where it restarts everyday at 4 a.m., that'll help at least some surely. Really I wish Kunyun could have been there yesterday, he could tell you how the hit registration changed over the course of a few hours after the restart.

The server was restarted a few minutes ago, I'll keep an eye on it for any performance degradation today.

I Play once a week and I can definitely say, from last week to this week, something has changed and it's unplayable for me. I'm getting fps drops from 400+ to 200 and lag spikes on the server which weren't there last weekend.
Covert Covert I'm not sure if any other script been added to the map but something has changed and it's messing up the server.

Also, I'm not sure if we need a restart every 12 hours or something but reg needs to be improved asap.

Update game lags whenever the talk key is pressed. Either server wants me to talk less or the world just hates me </3... T.T

What Hellboy said, the game makes you slow to (like shift walking) whenever talk key is pressed. Also causes you to fall slower when jumping. Very odd.

I guess something happened after the restart last night. You sure enough slow down like you're walking while talking on the mic. Obviously that could be counter-intuitive. I just now jumped on, at least the reg seems somewhat improved to me on a positive note.

Covert fixed the walking when on the mic on Saturday. As far as the server, the reg is back to being bad. Apparently the server isn't resetting like it's supposed to at 4 a.m. central time. I still don't even know if that alone will fix the server completely though.

Back