TeamSpeak Server Password

Vincent

top tier instigator and gas lighter
This suggestion is going off of my very little knowledge of TeamSpeak, also have no clue if this was ever talked about or a suggestion
Off of my small brain knowledge, wouldn't be a good idea to have a server password that gets changed monthly to help combat spammers. The TeamSpeak server is for people on the server or community to communicate, so people that want the password would be able to locate it extremely easily, could be posted on discord in e tag chat, and players could give it out to trusted friends.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
some people have trouble getting into the server to begin with and dont want to go through all the efforts in the first place. While this is a good idea I just think it would discourage people even more to get teamspeak and having to look for the password and stuff

I think tech just upped the security limit on TS ID's, so normally in TS, a normal TS ID security is maybe ~20, which takes about 5 seconds to create iirc. When you start upping the security level requirements, you also up the time to create a new ID. Going from 20 to 30 is about a 4 hour increase from getting that new ID. While this doesn't overtly stop them, it makes it to where if you really want to be a spammer on the server, they can't just create a new ID and be back on in about 2 seconds.

Back