Karaoke Night?

b t

:B
Manager
Hey all. Friendly neighborhood Barry Tortellini, Bravo Tango, etc, here.

So as someone of you may know, I do a lot of singing in my time outside of playing games. I find it enjoyable and it helps me handle with the stressors life throws at me. I’ve been reached out by a few people just today, and about 10 in the last month asking if I’m gonna push more for a karaoke night. Well, here it is!

Why a karaoke night?
Karaoke nights are meant to be fun, not a competition. If you’ve ever been a part of one, they’re a place where you laugh and have a good time. It’s not a judgmental space; rather, it is a place to kind of sit back of just enjoy what’s around you.

Who would host a karaoke night?
I could be wrong, but this would be a member services deal.

What if I can’t sing?
As my choir teacher says who, by the way, has one of the highest reputations worldwide for his work, anyone can sing. It’s about how you present yourself, your confidence, picking a song you’re comfortable with, and just being yourself. Seriously, I doubt there’s a person in this community that can’t sing happy birthday, and I doubt even more that all of you have not sung in the shower, in the car, or when you’re home alone. There’s a song for everyone!

Overall, I think an event like this would be absolutely incredible for a community bonding experience. We can show each other what we like and respect one another just a little bit more.

Anyways, bravo tango is out

- b t

Upvote 0
BRO AND YOU SAID YOU CANT SING HELLO!?!?

that was lovely to listen to while i did my chem

sweater weather ???
👀
sumthin you wanna tell us ??

elf+smile.gif

ive been fighting for this to be a thing with member services as well as TF2 for a while. I don't want to be the rude guy that says "hey lets take this from the people that cultivated it and toss it to other people" but the fact of the matter is the two people that host it are not very active. Barring others from hosting the event makes it feel exclusive and a 'special' event, but the time span between them doesn't make it feel 'special', it just makes the event feel unobtainable and random. It's an event that doesn't need to be a special thing. It just needs to be fun. If they were okay with Member Services keeping up the fun (maybe once every two months) while they were off that would be very nice. If other Team Fortress 2 Event Coordinators or managers hosted it, I'd be equally as happy. The event is requested often, but it just feels sparse. Bring it back and bring it around more frequently.

ive been fighting for this to be a thing with member services as well as TF2 for a while. I don't want to be the rude guy that says "hey lets take this from the people that cultivated it and toss it to other people" but the fact of the matter is the two people that host it are not very active. Barring others from hosting the event makes it feel exclusive and a 'special' event, but the time span between them doesn't make it feel 'special', it just makes the event feel unobtainable and random. It's an event that doesn't need to be a special thing. It just needs to be fun. If they were okay with Member Services keeping up the fun (maybe once every two months) while they were off that would be very nice. If other Team Fortress 2 Event Coordinators or managers hosted it, I'd be equally as happy. The event is requested often, but it just feels sparse. Bring it back and bring it around more frequently.
completely agree. I hate to feel like were taking it from them, but like you said, so many people love it, and the people that host it arent as active which is unfortunate. If there was a way to compromise, either they come back every few months to host it , or other TF2 ecs to host it or just MS, it would be very nice to see and I think we would get alot of involvement as well.

Reactions: b t
To clarify, IF they are not able to get ahold of em for it, other TF2 ECs WILL be hosting the event. We should hear more soon.

I understand why MS might be interested in hosting it, but all the same I think it should stay as a TF2 thing.

Keep in mind guys and gals. The world is kinda going nuts right now. I can't speak about what's going on in their lives right now. But have some patience. Remember the human.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here; why is a "Karaoke Night" a TF2 thing? Other than the excuse that it started off there, what reason is there that it should remain exclusive to TF2 EC's only? Karaoke has nothing to do with any particular game.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here; why is a "Karaoke Night" a TF2 thing? Other than the excuse that it started off there, what reason is there that it should remain exclusive to TF2 EC's only? Karaoke has nothing to do with any particular game.
I mean it makes sense in that it is tradition, started by them ended by them, but I think that when "life happens" and people move on and arent as active, it would make sense to pass the torch. Nothing disrespectful at all, but instead honoring the great event they have brought to the community. If they cant find the time to do it, it is ok, no judgement or anything, but it would be nice to move it a long. Karaoke is a great event, that brings so many people in the community together, just for one night just to sing and have fun. It is special, so I agree that it does not have to be like a once a month thing, but it really should be more than every 6 months. I believe it actually has been a little longer than that. Just my thoughts, I do want it to happen just because it is one unified thing, every person in every "game group" can just come together and sing their hearts out :).

I mean it makes sense in that it is tradition, started by them ended by them, but I think that when "life happens" and people move on and arent as active, it would make sense to pass the torch. Nothing disrespectful at all, but instead honoring the great event they have brought to the community. If they cant find the time to do it, it is ok, no judgement or anything, but it would be nice to move it a long. Karaoke is a great event, that brings so many people in the community together, just for one night just to sing and have fun. It is special, so I agree that it does not have to be like a once a month thing, but it really should be more than every 6 months. I believe it actually has been a little longer than that. Just my thoughts, I do want it to happen just because it is one unified thing, every person in every "game group" can just come together and sing their hearts out :).
Yeah, which is why I had to ask. If there is a demand for the event to be hosted but the people who have hosted it as "tradition" aren't around and aren't active in over 6 months, then why is it being stated "It's a TF2 Event and Person A and B are the ones who host it!"

If it was something that was very specific to TF2, then fine. However, Karaoke isn't a video game thing. It's karaoke. So I don't see why we can't just have another EC host a karaoke...

There is absolutely nothing disrespectful to the people who started the event by having someone else host it in their absence. We can't expect people to stay within this community forever and/or be active 365 days of the year.

Again I reiterate a little more bluntly, as the part that keeps getting repeated but ignored is this; There hasn't been one BECAUSE theyve had stuff going on. 2020 hasnt been kind and without saying anything, its the sole reason why it haant been done recently.

NOBODY has stopped doing the event. Nobody is saying we are done doing it. For heavens sake, TF2 LE is trying to accommodate them...

And again. We are talking bout doing it soon. We've been reaching put to check in with them. Mean time; understand people have lives. You should hear soontm from either Dark Directly or Pastry with an update. But as Jeff has already said, ONE WILL HAPPEN SOON. We are simply asking for patience.

What's disrespectful is the seeming lack of it. Its not disrespectful for us to pass the event over to MS or etc, and we aren't trying to hold out on you guys. We want everyone in eGO to have a good time and have access to these kinds of events whenever. All the same; this us a TF2 event. It will go on as a TF2 event unless eGO LE says otherrwise.

Meantime; likely speaking. This is the answer to your suggestion.
This is a TF2 Event, and only a TF2 event. Like BlackMesa, only TF2 can host it. I will be reaching out to Emmy and Minty to discuss sometime for this, we shall see... however if they are unable to conduct it, the other ECs will host it.

Edit: because some seemingly missed it. I specifically said discussing it and the idea of it(being hosted by others) are not disrespectful. I said the lack of patience with us while we try to get in contact with them is. My point is some people are going through tough times. Example; Pastry, one of our managers, just now got back after evacing from the hurricanes. My point was emphasizing that care should be observed if possible due to conditions similar or etc.

Last edited:
in general, I want a karaoke night. who hosts it, doesn't really matter. It is a TF2 award you can get from singing tho! TF2 has more EC's now than they did before I think (guessing) so probably they can do it.

If it still isn't done as often as people would like, then MS can host some, right? It can be a shared effort. In order to get the award maybe you would have to be at the TF2 hosted ones. It's all about having fun, not about the I get this event and you get that event. Either way, no one owns karaoke!! xd

Again I reiterate a little more bluntly, as the part that keeps getting repeated but ignored is this; There hasn't been one BECAUSE theyve had stuff going on. 2020 hasnt been kind and without saying anything, its the sole reason why it haant been done recently.

NOBODY has stopped doing the event. Nobody is saying we are done doing it. For heavens sake, TF2 LE is trying to accommodate them...

And again. We are talking bout doing it soon. We've been reaching put to check in with them. Mean time; understand people have lives. You should hear soontm from either Dark Directly or Pastry with an update. But as Jeff has already said, ONE WILL HAPPEN SOON. We are simply asking for patience.

What's disrespectful is the seeming lack of it. Its not disrespectful for us to pass the event over to MS or etc, and we aren't trying to hold out on you guys. We want everyone in eGO to have a good time and have access to these kinds of events whenever. All the same; this us a TF2 event. It will go on as a TF2 event unless eGO LE says otherrwise.

Meantime; likely speaking. This is the answer to your suggestion.
As i do understand what youre saying, the way you come off is very rude and like youre gatekeeping the event. We do understand people have their own lives and may have things going on, that is completely fine. All were trying to do is say its a good event and we respect it and its roots and we would be honored to keep hosting it if no one else is able to. And it is known the ECs are inactive in general and generally only come back to host the event, which is completely okay, but we are only pushing out the idea of others hosting it to allow for the amazing tradition they have created to be passed on and enjoyed by the community more often than not. Thats all, were just trying to say we would love to continue this however we are able to and we would all be down to help if no one else is able. We are being patient, were just discussing possible ideas which could help grow the event or allow for more people to get involved in hosting it.

I get it stemmed from TF2 and like Heidi said is a TF2 award but I dont think the attitude you guys have about it is the right one. If TF2 ECs can host it more often, thats amazing. If not, there are people who would love to help out with hosting this.

Last edited:
Well after all that...

I messaged Minty and Emmy on Discord (They aren't that hard to find) and Minty literally instantly replied saying she'd host one.

That wasn't very hard.

Back