Bad Company 2 Question on admin classes

Lilslizzard

I made one post
Not sure if this is possible, but can you create a separate class of admins that only have the power to kick for server disruption (base raping, stealing)? It seems like this is becoming more and more of a problem than anything else. I imagine you would have to have a new set of rules to follow. One of the rules I followed from my old days of admin on a Halo server was confirmation by at least three admins of a rule being broken. If we did have to kick/ban someone, a report had to be filed with all the details. But, back then, we had plenty of tools available to help, such a one called sightjacker. It allowed any admin to watch a person through his point of view. But that was a lifetime ago in a simpler time.

Simon

Forum Legend
=(eGO)=
We have 2 levels of admin training - basic for our eG admins, and advanced for our O level admins. It is required to take training before admining ingame.

There's often not 3 admins on a server at a time to confirm it. We promote admins who we trust to make good judgement when handling the rules. We provide them the training and tools, they use it at their discretion.

If a user is banned, we have a system for logging the ban and admins are required to input their reasoning and evidence.

Essentially, all these things already happen.

If there is a specific admin who you feel is mishandling the rules, then we encourage you to contact Battlefield leadership and it will be dealt with.

Lilslizzard

I made one post
No, I don't have any issues with the admins. Admin is like babysitting some nights, not a lot of fun. I was wondering if it would help recruit admins if they didn't have to worry about trying to prove a hack or any other high level offence, which, unless very obvious, is hard to do. Identifying base rapers and griefers is much easier, and I think the threat of their removal might help reign them in. And with the large number of players who visit your server on most nights, my thoughts were that maybe some of them might be interested.

If I may ask, what are your differences in basic and O level? Is my suggestion already in use when you say all these things already happen?

Thanks for all you do in providing us a place to play.

Simon

Forum Legend
=(eGO)=
We don't actively go out to recruit admins - people join our organization and if they turn out to be good, trustworthy people, we give them a shot at being admin. Goal is to play the game, not to admin.

In terms of recruiting people as a whole, for the Bad Company servers - the server is very old. Most people have already been approached at some point in time, already part of something else, or simply just don't want to be a part of our group or be an admin. Our own players have less interest over time... sorta why you see the same small handful of admins.

We would love more players to help report problematic users so we can ban them and keep them out. It's fairly easy and straight forward to submit ban requests here.

G level admins on BC2 are able to only kick, not ban. Only difference with O level is being able to ban. Think of it as a trial admin. On some of our other games, G level admins can do bans to a certain degree.

Major Trubble

Forum Fiend
Manager
Lilslizzard , sounds to me like maybe you would be a good admin , maybe you should join our ranks and see if it is for you , we need level headed players that can do the job according to our guidelines .