Adam is a Ding Dong
Karaoke Night - November 13th
Yes, it's a little bit away, but we want to give you enough notice so that we have a good turnout because this event goes way late into the night! We've gotten lazy and we're so excited to see all of our regulars (and newcomers) returning for another night of song~
- Event Date: Friday, November 13th 2020
- Event Time (ET): 9PM
- Event Server: Team Speak3, TF2 section
Join us in the TF2 TeamSpeak room (password will be singsong) for a night of song and fun you shouldn't miss! Once in the channel, message Emmy to get into the queue to sing. Finally, when your turn comes up, blow us away! You don't have to sing to join us, if you just want to listen, that is fine.
1. Do not queue your mic while others are singing. We engage in a hobby that attracts the most socially awkward of individuals? and getting up to sing in front of 30-40 strangers can scare the heck out of anyone. Please make it easier by keeping your mic muted and/or enabling push-to-talk. If repeat offenses occur, perpetrators will be globally muted.
2. Songs must adhere to the EGO guidelines. Yes, you can swear. No, you cannot use derogatory slurs. Use your head. If your song does not adhere to EGO guidelines, you will be globally muted. Further intentionally-inappropriate songs will follow w/k/b as inappropriate or inflammatory rhetoric. If you have to ask if it's appropriate, it's probably not.
3. Please keep your songs under 5 minutes. I know, One Day More is a classic. But in the interest of ensuring everyone has a chance, we have to keep the line moving. If your song is longer than Bohemian Rhapsody, you will probably want avoid it.
4. Let the room know when you are finished. Some songs fade out, and that's totally cool. We don't want to interrupt you mid-November Rain because you get quiet all of a sudden, so make sure you let us know when your song has concluded!
5. This event is password-protected for a reason. Every one of us has those friends that we love, but can get somewhat rowdy. We want to get as many people here as we can, but not at the expense of the rest of us. Make sure the friends you invite are aware of the rules and intend to follow them.
If you sing and have not received the TF2 Song Of The Seahorse award, let Minty and Emmy know and they will compile a list and send it to DrkChocolate and she will give you the award. Be sure to give them your EXACT forum name, so she can find you to give you the award.