You asked, we're delivering

Emmy

Adam is a Ding Dong
=(eGO)=
karaoke.png

Karaoke Night - November 13th

Yes, it's a little bit away, but we want to give you enough notice so that we have a good turnout because this event goes way late into the night! We've gotten lazy and we're so excited to see all of our regulars (and newcomers) returning for another night of song~

• Event Date: Friday, November 13th 2020
  • Event Time (ET): 9PM
  • Event Server: Team Speak3, TF2 section

Join us in the TF2 TeamSpeak room (password will be singsong) for a night of song and fun you shouldn't miss! Once in the channel, message Emmy to get into the queue to sing. Finally, when your turn comes up, blow us away! You don't have to sing to join us, if you just want to listen, that is fine. (But you should totally sing)

Rules:

1. Do not queue your mic while others are singing. We engage in a hobby that attracts the most socially awkward of individuals? and getting up to sing in front of 30-40 strangers can scare the heck out of anyone. Please make it easier by keeping your mic muted and/or enabling push-to-talk. If repeat offenses occur, perpetrators will be globally muted.

2. Songs must adhere to the EGO guidelines. Yes, you can swear. No, you cannot use derogatory slurs. Use your head. If your song does not adhere to EGO guidelines, you will be globally muted. Further intentionally-inappropriate songs will follow w/k/b as inappropriate or inflammatory rhetoric. If you have to ask if it's appropriate, it's probably not.

3. Please keep your songs under 5 minutes. I know, One Day More is a classic. But in the interest of ensuring everyone has a chance, we have to keep the line moving. If your song is longer than Bohemian Rhapsody, you will probably want avoid it.

4. Let the room know when you are finished. Some songs fade out, and that's totally cool. We don't want to interrupt you mid-November Rain because you get quiet all of a sudden, so make sure you let us know when your song has concluded!

5. This event is password-protected for a reason. Every one of us has those friends that we love, but can get somewhat rowdy. We want to get as many people here as we can, but not at the expense of the rest of us. Make sure the friends you invite are aware of the rules and intend to follow them.

Awards:
If you sing and have not received the TF2 Song Of The Seahorse award, let Minty and Emmy know and they will compile a list and send it to DrkChocolate and she will give you the award. Be sure to give them your EXACT forum name, so she can find you to give you the award.
tf2_songoftheseahorse.png

I have a couple questions about this:
1) Is this only hosted in Teamspeak or do people need to be in an actual TF2 server too?
2) How does the music part work? The person singing will provide their own karaoke music?

Its on Teamspeak, but it would benefit the servers if you were in-game. Music is done by a person who is able to do a soundboard/music bot. So you can get it played while you sing. You can provide your own music if you wish. Some people actually play an instrument during it.

I have a couple questions about this:
1) Is this only hosted in Teamspeak or do people need to be in an actual TF2 server too?
2) How does the music part work? The person singing will provide their own karaoke music?
I personally prefer a capella but one person usually volunteers to do a music bot :)

Any reason why u have such an adversion?
Discord is free with no account , it offers protection against the DDoS attacks that have attempted to disrupt our community. We'd gain usage of better and advanced bots that would serve things like this event EXACTLY. We also can bring in new elements that leverages features that Teamspeak doesn't offer.
It's also very universal and very user friendly. But I digress. Overall team speak is lovely for our community. Its advanced permissions and use for large community's like ours.

All the same. I'd love to see discord used. I'll be asking people about it soon. A poll might be nice.

Ghost. I respect you have some adversion. All the same, I am curious.

Any reason why u have such an adversion?
Discord is free with no account , it offers protection against the DDoS attacks that have attempted to disrupt our community. We'd gain usage of better and advanced bots that would serve things like this event EXACTLY. We also can bring in new elements that leverages features that Teamspeak doesn't offer.
It's also very universal and very user friendly. But I digress. Overall team speak is lovely for our community. Its advanced permissions and use for large community's like ours.

All the same. I'd love to see discord used. I'll be asking people about it soon. A poll might be nice.

Ghost. I respect you have some adversion. All the same, I am curious.
My dude, I prefer discord. It's better. Thing is we've been using teamspeak for years and years and years. For a big event like this, it's more important that the event goers want to switch :)

I'll probably ask at the event itself to gauge how many people would be interested.

I don’t think we need to start this argument in here too.
I agree. that wasn't my intent either. I was simply curious. I'm not looking to open that can of worms. I'm more curious about him personally. Either way, not really relevent I suppose.

A very long time ago, a gentleman named ScrappyDoo invited me to this.

the song I chose was Stripped, Raped, and Strangled by Cannibal Corpse.

turns out that’s not an OK song

Back