I need help searching and finding peripherals for a PC

karl-police2023[GER]

Rookie
=(eG)=
Hello, I've been inactive, well..... here, well not only here, mostly on all the things I've been working on.

That's because my gaming laptop used to break. Basically, the keyboard that is on the laptop became defective, letters started to break. A very very few still "spam" but yeah. And that kinda is a bit to disturbing. For any other broken letter I use Numpad Unicode combinations.
This has been like that for many many months, more than 3.

And to be honest, I haven't felt well lately. It has been so long and I were barely able to do anything, which isn't good. It's wasted time.

But, I have a difficulty of finding a PC because it would be my personal first one ever. I never had a PC myself. I know how to build PCs though and I know what hardware to get so I can easily move it. As example, a hard disk with a free-fall sensor and remove any expansion cards from the motherboard or stuff because it can bent pins and it will, well depends.

I won't get a laptop though, these times are over unless laptops change.
But laptops are not that strong as PCs. First of all laptops are smaller and require special design and all that. Secondly, laptops catch dust, dust causes heat, and too much heat causes temperature limit, and temperature limit causes stuff like GPU to use less performance.

This is why, when I alt tab out of games and tab back in, I have like 60 fps for a few seconds. Because at the time I alt tab, the GPU's temperature or something became lower.

When the temperature limit is too high, a laptop will shut itsself down. I've reached that point. If I play CS:GO or like another game. Depending on what game, except Minecraft and low needing graphic games. I can only keep them open for a certain amount of time. It will shut down otherwise.

This gaming laptop is old anyway and what I learned was that if something in a laptop breaks, you usually end up replacing everything. Having a laptop as a "personal" device, doesn't seem to be ideal, unless laptops were made better.

Keyboard peripherial search and finding issue

So, why did I still not find a PC after like 3 months or more?

Well, it's because, someone described it as "picky". But the reason why, is because it doesn't exist in an acceptable way I want it to.

My laptop keyboard is a 96% layout keyboard. The arrow keys are right below the enter key, which is ideal to use CTRL and ARROWS to navigate between letters and edit them. On a TKL-Keyboard, I wouldn't know how it would impact my skill in all.

Another issue is the key switches. Because of Corona, I can't go locally and test keyboards that were not unpacked.

So I contacted companies....... and yeah no chance and NDA. Cool!
One company said that they would make 96% layout.

This is my keyboard basically: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/025101b59c64e260c7e5c205b686a730

Why does it matter if I get 96% layout keyboard?

Because my table is old, its not flat, it has edges inbetween that is used to flip the table.

But I guess I have to accept that. So, I measured the current keyboard and put one on my list that would be okay. It's not a gaming one though... but a temporary solution. However I'm not sure if I would like it so.... idk...

Microphone and Audio issue

Microphone
A laptop usually has a built-in mic, usually located at the top next to a webcam.

I've seen like these good mics with mic arms. My issue would be the mic arm. Idk if the mic arm would disturb me or not, along with the mic that would be close to your mouth. I've seeeeen a lot of people having these mics. And when I ask them to make their mic louder, they all get pissed or something, idk.

What I care is maybe the microphone quality, but aslong as it's at a similar position like laptop ones I'm happy.

Teamspeak 3 had like this echo reducing thing, that's how no background sound barely made it through.

Audio
With that comes another issue, the speaker. That's because of echo.
I'm not a big fan of headsets. However, I would get one to switch from speaker to headset, or maybe if I find a headset I like I might even just use that.

What headset I wouldn't like are isolated ones. I wanna maintain the skills like laptop speakers, which is hearing the background of like the environment, so I know what's going on. Another issue is that I wear glasses and apperantly, it will hurt me if it causes too much pressure. Solution to that would be a headset where you can adjust how tight it is and etc.

I also don't want isolated ones because I don't wanna hear tinnitus that appeared over night, still need to ask a doctor about it but it isn't that bad.

I also have to learn how to use a headset because of earrapes. If someone earrapes its too late or not? With speakers, I'm further away from where the sound comes from. At headsets I have the feeling sound output is the same distance.
I did use headsets one though.

I still have no ideas for speakers or headsets kinda. Well, wireless headsets, yeah.
For speakers, I'm not looking for any bass or metal rings thingy no. I'm just looking for speakers similar to like ASUS Gaming Laptops or better, that's all.

Mouse
I haven't looked for a mouse yet.
The one I use is a 1000 DPI one called, Microsoft Express Mouse.
I hate palm forced grip mouses, aswell. My current mouse is defective and the cable would be too short anyways. Other issue is that I hate if the click noise is loud. Remember when someone called me I would be "picky" over it? Well, there it is again and tbh I don't think it's anything bad with disliking that.

Monitor
I am an allrounder. I do all types of thing from editing images to sound. And I like keeping the overview of pixels. This discussion appeared on one of these "stack" pages aswell.

I am habitated with, 17.3" that's probably biggest laptops offer.

Monitors go at like 24"

I'm not sure how easy it will be for me to habitate to a newer monitor size. What if it will impact me and make me worser? Idk.
A few that I ask say that I will get used to it quickly. I'm not sure though how far they have the monitors.

Currently the one I have in target is: ASUS VG248QG
Thing I dislike is the white printings on the right, but yeah hmm.

What's this thread for?

I need help finding these mentioned peripherials.
I'm a user that has habitated itsself on laptop environment, including the advantages of battery and the onboard trackpad to "spam mouse 1 faster", which is something I do aswell to find bugs.

I lack the experience and knowledge, in not specs but in usage. I need people to share their experiences. Because all of my questions and issues are experience kind of issues.

If you never tried it, you can't know. But if people can share experience and knowledge it would help me. You can call it recommendations aswell.

It has been 3 months or longer where I couldn't work on much. I'm surprised that I found stuff to do during my freetime. I couldn't even work on the jailbreak map, because of defective keys griefing my work.

So yeah, idk.

Last edited:
https://www.keychron.com/collection...ron-k4-wireless-mechanical-keyboard-version-2
I'd say look into that company and that keyboard specifically, they're high quality, wireless, and not super expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ENMK1DW?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
Those are some fairly nice/not super expensive open back head phones with a light clamping force ( they shouldn't impact your glasses/head)

The monitor you listed is very good, and get back to me on that mouse, are you left handed or right handed, do you like ambidextrous mice, just let me know.

https://www.keychron.com/collection...ron-k4-wireless-mechanical-keyboard-version-2
I'd say look into that company and that keyboard specifically, they're high quality, wireless, and not super expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ENMK1DW?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
Those are some fairly nice/not super expensive open back head phones with a light clamping force ( they shouldn't impact your glasses/head)

The monitor you listed is very good, and get back to me on that mouse, are you left handed or right handed, do you like ambidextrous mice, just let me know.

"ambidextrous mice", yes if that's the right word
I mouse that is not forced to a shape. I don't like mice that are made for left or right, because the shape is kinda "predicted" and wrong and all sometimes
I always had symmetrical mice.

I compare suggestions with products from where I can find or if doesn't exist can buy from. Sharing experience like, "when I used this headphone it broke" and or etc. which can be helpful for me finding the right thing.

For the keyboard, issue is I don't know if I will like the mechanical switches. In local stores it is currently not allowed to like open products that are already in a package.

I forgot to mention that I wear glasses. Unsure if a over ear headset will like not disturb me, because it will collide with the frame I guess, however over ear won't maybe hurt if its too tight can't say though.

The monitor you listed is very good
About the monitor, yes. Only thing I worry is if I will have issues because its a bigger monitor 24" and I am used to 17"3. And I'm not sure if that will impact me. Like not being able to see 1 px white outlines of like an emote and stuff, for quality reasons.

I believe people from the Media Team should be able to share their experience or thoughts on that. What I'm looking for here is an encourage for me not to worry about it. Maybe @xValence or @webby know someone.

Other things are the symbols next to the frame that are for the buttons at the back. I don't know if these will disturb me, because I mean they're visible.

Last edited:
First things first. Budget. We can't give you any realistic suggestions without knowing your budget. Would you want to spend less than $100 on audio? Or would you be willing to pay over $500?

Also, your concerns about monitors are overblown. I'm using 15.6" laptop screens up to 32" monitors without issue. The main thing to remember is how far away you are from the screen. The higher the definition, the more accurate you can see at a closer distance. For reference; I'm playing Apex Legends on the 32" monitor, as well as doing photo editing. On 24" and 22" monitors, I'm doing office work. On 15.6" laptop screen, I'm watching streams, youtube, or light gaming. The more likely issue you're going to have is not wanting to go back to a smaller monitor once you've experienced a good widescreen.

First things first. Budget. We can't give you any realistic suggestions without knowing your budget. Would you want to spend less than $100 on audio? Or would you be willing to pay over $500?
I refuse to share budget and rather look at descriptions and recommendations and experience sharing.

But a lot of people spend about 2k or less for an entire PC, peripherials included or discluded.

on the 32" monitor, as well as doing photo editing
Hm. Okay.
Tell me something about i.imgur.com/wYSrPyt.png

The more likely issue you're going to have is not wanting to go back to a smaller monitor once you've experienced a good widescreen.
So I would not have issues with it, like with a bigger one?

Last edited:
I refuse to share budget and rather look at descriptions and recommendations and experience sharing.

But a lot of people spend about 2k or less for an entire PC, peripherials included or discluded.

Hm. Okay.
Tell me something about i.imgur.com/wYSrPyt.png

So I would not have issues with it, like with a bigger one?

You shouldn't have issues with a bigger monitor. Just make sure you do the research about what kind of monitor will suffice for your needs. Advising a good photo editing monitor can be very different from a gaming monitor. And then you also have to factor in what kind of computer you're using with the monitor; what's the point of giving you a 27" gaming monitor when you're using barely better than onboard graphics?

Other people can give suggestions about products and share their experiences. I'm not going to spend my time guessing what you want or can afford.

"ambidextrous mice", yes if that's the right word
I mouse that is not forced to a shape. I don't like mice that are made for left or right, because the shape is kinda "predicted" and wrong and all sometimes
I always had symmetrical mice.

I compare suggestions with products from where I can find or if doesn't exist can buy from. Sharing experience like, "when I used this headphone it broke" and or etc. which can be helpful for me finding the right thing.

For the keyboard, issue is I don't know if I will like the mechanical switches. In local stores it is currently not allowed to like open products that are already in a package.

I forgot to mention that I wear glasses. Unsure if a over ear headset will like not disturb me, because it will collide with the frame I guess, however over ear won't maybe hurt if its too tight can't say though.

About the monitor, yes. Only thing I worry is if I will have issues because its a bigger monitor 24" and I am used to 17"3. And I'm not sure if that will impact me. Like not being able to see 1 px white outlines of like an emote and stuff, for quality reasons.

I believe people from the Media Team should be able to share their experience or thoughts on that. What I'm looking for here is an encourage for me not to worry about it. Maybe @xValence or @webby know someone.

Other things are the symbols next to the frame that are for the buttons at the back. I don't know if these will disturb me, because I mean they're visible.
I wear glasses and use an over the ear headset with no issues of them being uncomfortable.

As far as screen size goes. Once you start using a larger screen (I use a 27" monitor). You won't want to go back to a smaller screen size ever again.

For microphone I highly recommend the HyperX Quadcast. I have the Quadcast and love it. It has built in settings that help and with VoiceMeter is works pretty damn good. Yes it is some what expensive but it's worh it. Also I wouldn't get the Quadcast 2 since the only difference is that in the 2nd gen the light is RGB verus in the 1st gen it is just a standard red color.

For a mouse I recommend the Logic G300s. It's a ambidextrous design. It has 4 additional blindable buttons as well. And you can set the RBG on it.

As for keyboards, It will be hard to find a 96% keyboard since 96% are usually only found on laptops. I would recommend either swapping to a 100% or a 90% keyboard, Both of which will be much easier to find and probably cheaper as well. If you do end up going with a 90% or a 100% I would suggest getting either a custom keyboard or a CORSAIR, Just don't get a razer one.

As for your audio, You don't have to swap to a full headset since you plan on getting a microphone. You could always get some ear buds and or headphones that feel comfortable to you

As for monitors, it really comes down to your person preference. Depending on how big you want you monitor and what size that will fit in your setup. I would recommend getting a 1080p at 144hz. But the monitor hz does kind of rely on your GPU and how many frames your PC can output. Because if you cap your games at 60fps there would be no logical sense in buying a 144hz monitor.

Dude - what?

This whole post is silly if you won't give us a budget. That's like going to buy a car, the sales person asks how much your budget is, and you say "I'm not gonna tell you - just find me some shit that works based on reviews and prior users input" You'd spend 10 hours looking at cars just to not purchase one.

Dude - what?

This whole post is silly if you won't give us a budget. That's like going to buy a car, the sales person asks how much your budget is, and you say "I'm not gonna tell you - just find me some shit that works based on reviews and prior users input" You'd spend 10 hours looking at cars just to not purchase one.
Yes, but I don't know, that's the problem. I can't really say.

prebuilt, save yourself the work. $1000, run any game

Most people don't build their own keyboard, mouse and monitor. Unless you're quite handy with a soldering iron. So yeah, it's going to be "prebuilt" hardware, persay.

Probably should have checked what the thread was about before commenting?

Last edited:
Most people don't build their own keyboard, mouse and monitor. Unless you're quite handy with a soldering iron. So yeah, it's going to be "prebuilt" hardware, persay.

Probably should have checked what the thread was about before commenting?
??

Back