it’s gone...

dank

In Teamspeak I promised I wouldn't join GTA.
Hey guys, dank here.

I was trying to get someone to trade for my baby karambit.
Eventually someone messages me and tells me if they want me to choose a skin on BITSKINS, I didn’t have a knife in mind so I let them choose. The prices looked good so I accepted. He said he has the knife in his cart and we will purchase and yada yada. We go for it and he gets an error, but he accepted my trade. The trade wouldn’t go through.

And there we go, he says on discord that he will wait 7 days and return it but I doubt that considering all of his steam comments are fake and all the members in his group are fake. I have a test wednesday and thursday and I’m so fucking stressed. Please don’t hit me with the rules and how to keep safe while trading. I just lost 700$. Please don’t.

This got me thinking I might quit cs or honestly just playing games.

I am writing this as I’m lying down thinking about how fucked people in this big world can be. Goodnight everybody and maybe, goodbye.

edit: man i so fucking stressed man i just want to cry it all out **** this i spent 500$ **** this man!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thats a big oof my man, hope you get it back by next week. if not, you just losted a frick ton of money. For me when i trade, I don't do bitskins / cs.money or any of those stuff. I'm a very safe man, and i'll always just hit up traders from their trade link, and actually just simply send an offer. i use the Steam Market. pretty dumb but, at leasts it works. gl mate. you could learn from this mistake, stay positive xqcL!

Hey mate I know exactly how you feel

what i did immediately after getting scammed: run

like seriously I did a running session until I was done screaming my lungs out in the streets (yes people were looking at me strangely) and calmed down

I considered quitting playing video games but it’s one of the things I like the most (spawn killing people relaxes me) so I didn’t, but I stopped caring about virtual cosmetics.

I completely understand your despair but please don’t take it personal, they scam anyone and everyone.
Do whatever you feel that needs to be done, except invest back more money in a video game.
Remember that your supporting Game Newells diabetes by giving him money, all he does is eat !

Last edited:
Y’all need to watch a how to trade video, if you’re not the one reaching out, they always need to offer first, if it’s a PayPal transaction they pay first, if it’s a trade for a knife they are buying, they buy it and put it in the trade.
NEVER TRUST ANYONE ON STEAM, DONT ACCEPT TRADES ON TRUST.

Y’all need to watch a how to trade video, if you’re not the one reaching out, they always need to offer first, if it’s a PayPal transaction they pay first, if it’s a trade for a knife they are buying, they buy it and put it in the trade.
NEVER TRUST ANYONE ON STEAM, DONT ACCEPT TRADES ON TRUST.

Paypal still fishy, those refunds **** ppl.

update: He said he’ll give it back to me in 7 days (when the trade ban is off) because he didn’t expect the error (apparently) and says it’s not a finished deal so that’s why he’s going to “give” it back. Hopefully there is some good people out in the world and he’ll actually give it back, I pray to God. Thank you everyone for your support. He’s been keeping in touch with me on Discord ever since, I may have accidentally guilt tripped him lol.

update: He said he’ll give it back to me in 7 days (when the trade ban is off) because he didn’t expect the error (apparently) and says it’s not a finished deal so that’s why he’s going to “give” it back. Hopefully there is some good people out in the world and he’ll actually give it back, I pray to God. Thank you everyone for your support. He’s been keeping in touch with me on Discord ever since, I may have accidentally guilt tripped him lol.
I wish you good luck on the situation man! Keep us updated, i need my faith in humanity restored >.< <3

as someone who doesn't really value material as much as others do, i would honestly suggest that you look beyond what a game has to offer visually.

instead, think about the people you play with and find ways to appreciate that more than the idea of having some super cool thing ykyk. think about what truly provides you the happiness you deserve.

this goes out not just to you but all yall who face this same thing sometimes.

like that one sign in my ex's bedroom says: live, laugh, and love. learn a thing or two maybe. stay in this bro

dank dank

What I would do is contact a steam administrator to get this situation handled. (Doing the method below cannot get your items back, but you can atleast get the user punished)

support.png

Last edited:
Back