Headset/Headphones Suggestions

Ped

=(eGO)=
Currently I have the Turtle Beach Recon 50x and have had them for a few years - I have never experienced any issues with them at all but I figured that it is time for an upgrade.

I'm looking for some headphones or a headset that has good sound quality - I really don't care about the microphone as I have an external one.

My budget is around £50 (which is roughly $70)

I've bought HyperX Cloud 2's three times now. They are amazing 7.1 surround sound headphones and do have a mic but a little out of your price range. It's hard to find good headphones for that price range though. I always end up dropping atleast $100-$150.

I love my philips SHP9500 headphones, they're open back, so sound bleeding into your mic can be an issue. Otherwise they have great sound quality.

Edit: Having looked at amazon they seem to be a bit pricey atm; I paid about $15 less than their current price.

Last edited:
Hey Ped just a little heads up, im also in the market as well. I just purchased a pair of Corsair HS45 headset, but I was also looking at the HyperX Cloud series (either the Cloud Alpha or the Cloud Stinger). Either way you cant go wrong as they're willing your price range as well.

Reactions: Ped
Hey Ped just a little heads up, im also in the market as well. I just purchased a pair of Corsair HS45 headset, but I was also looking at the HyperX Cloud series (either the Cloud Alpha or the Cloud Stinger). Either way you cant go wrong as they're willing your price range as well.
If you're gonna go HyperX - you should just get the Cloud2 since it has the 7.1 surround sound toggle which is pretty nifty. Especially when watching shows/movies. It's like 15$ more than the alpha.

I'm using the Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless Gaming Headset that I got from Best Buy that only cost me $80 and damn do I say this shit is the best. IDK if you like Wireless or not but this is a good headset anyway.

Can't go wrong with Hyperx cloud 2's. Super durable, sound great and has a detachable mic (which is actually decent) if you wanna go external. The 7.1 is kind of a gimmick, but it's nice for movies. Overall a good headset for the money.

Can't go wrong with Hyperx cloud 2's. Super durable, sound great and has a detachable mic (which is actually decent) if you wanna go external. The 7.1 is kind of a gimmick, but it's nice for movies. Overall a good headset for the money.
Yeah, the 7.1 is definitely better for movies/shows/music... not so good for games. Feels more like a "simulated surround sound" and not truly surround sound but then again, those headsets cost hundreds of dollars lol

Currently I have the Turtle Beach Recon 50x and have had them for a few years - I have never experienced any issues with them at all but I figured that it is time for an upgrade.

I'm looking for some headphones or a headset that has good sound quality - I really don't care about the microphone as I have an external one.

My budget is around £50 (which is roughly $70)
I heavily recommend hyper x stinger 2 It has good sound and a really good mic, the mic is a flip mute which is a mic that is attached to the left side and you can mute by flipping it up or down. You can tell if its muted by the loud click and the feeling of it. it is 40 usd so you can save some money and still have a good headset. I have been using this headset for 2 years now and it works like its perfectly new.

Reactions: Ped
Back