CS:GO (global) MAUL Command Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Apple

JB Rules Interactive Database
=(eGO)=
I don't know if this is possible, because I don't know if we have any actual configuration of MAUL that we can do, but I wanted to suggest it anyway.

We should add (if possible) a timed mute/silence/gag command. This would make admins' job a lot easier when managing mutes- being able to do it once and then forget about it without having to think about unmuting them. It would let them type a quick command, then be able to keep playing the game without having to constantly think about and remember to unmute/unsilence/ungag the user.
It would also help specifically on JB when that one person who keeps causing a problem has to be muted at the start of every round, and instead the timed mute would override that and just keep them muted.
This is a kinda QOL, but it would also be good for the user so they don't have to remind admins to unmute them either. So while it is QOL, it's a QOL everyone can benefit from.

If it's not possible then that just sucks ya know.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
something that wouldnt hurt to have if possible. i have a bad memory and also sometimes you just get caught up in playing the game and it may slip your mind of the player you gagged last round or muted. sometimes i just sit there and wait until the end of the round to unmute/ungag them again, but it takes away from the experience. nice suggestion !

This is less of a mail thing than a modification to source mod through a plugin it is ENTIRELY possible, just adding a function to go through an handle the time parameters. Maul would only need to be involved if we wanted to keep it persistent to the profile , but I think SM does some of this too.

This definitely should be CSGO exclusive. This would be good on the CSS and TF2 servers as well.

being able to do it once and then forget about it without having to think about unmuting them.
Already doing this.
keep playing the game without having to constantly think about and remember to unmute/unsilence/ungag the user
I assure you, admins aren't constantly thinking about the repercussions of not unmuting a problem user in a timely manner; no plug-in needed
that one person who keeps causing a problem has to be muted at the start of every round
There is no second round of muting. However, there is a kick. Round three of muting comes in the form of a ban.
be good for the user so they don't have to remind admins to unmute them either
Reminding admins is a great way to petition to have your mute duration extended. Just take your lumps, learn your lesson, and get on with the game.

Simon Simon Luna Luna Meyers Meyers all get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back