Overwatch Open Division Champions

1614566812511.png

From being considered the underdog to claiming our crown at first place, our competitive Overwatch team has claimed the title of Open Division champions! We had an amazing bracket where we were undefeated up until the winners finals where we lost 4-0 to Maryville University. After that we fought our way through the losers bracket, winning losers finals and making it up to grand finals, where we would face Maryville University once more. They started off with one point seeing as they were in the winners seed, however, we showed just how much we wanted to come out on top in this first to four match.

Right from the first map, we came out strong and earned ourselves a point. However, we unfortunately lost the second map putting the score at 1-2. We weren't about to give up so easily though. We came back strong and dominantly won the next three maps taking the victory and ending with a final score of 4-2. After losing to Maryville 4-0 in winners finals we were able to catch our second wind and managed to get our revenge.

Our Overwatch team is just getting started. Winning Open Division was only the first step in our journey. Now we qualify for Contenders Trials! Except to see more out of us very, very soon. Contenders Trials begins March 8th, and we will keep you all posted! Thank you to everyone who came out and supported us today and yesterday. The team was so happy to see all of the support, thank you guys.

"We played well. Lots of hard work went into our matches. I couldn't have asked for a better run. GGs, trials here we come!" - @NateOW, head coach.

"Still not satisfied." - @jishua, main tank and in game leader.

"Iโ€™m very happy with our performance today." - @Vega Overwatch, main support and team captain.

Credits:
Writer: Rykes Rykes | Art: @Legend

I couldn't be more proud of the team. We went into this a little unsure of the outcome, but it's clear all of the practice and hard work really paid off. The team worked so hard on their mechanics and synergy and our coach gave us the extra help and push we needed to become champions of this Open Division season. I really mean it when I say thank you to everyone who cheered us on. I saw people from within and outside of Overwatch showing up and twitch chat and rooting for us. It honestly makes me tear up. Thank you all so much.

Congrats! I'm sure a lot of hard work and training went into this. Can't wait to see how the team does in Trials.

Congrats to the team! Who would have guessed we would be here a few months ago? I sure didn't. When I had to make this video, I figured that our path to contenders was going to take a lot longer than just two months
But the fact that we are here just proves how amazing our community really is. Everyone involved in the development of the team deserves high praise today, especially Rykes Rykes , because the rest of the LE team can agree we watched her work tirelessly to make this a reality.

ut the fact that we are here just proves how amazing our community really is. Everyone involved in the development of the team deserves high praise today, especially @Wish , because the rest of the LE team can agree we watched her work tirelessly to make this a reality.
yall ima cry

Back