Patch Notes 4/1/2021

EDisch222

Overwatch Addict
=(eGO)=
Hey everyone, your resident bastion main here.
Blizzard went out and made some crazy changes to our beloved heroes, and Echo, which I would like to share with you guys.

Ana
"Boosting an ally will now boost Ana."

If you're playing support and are not DPSing I don't know what to say to you. This is a much-needed change because I know when I am playing Ana I'm just trying to out widow the enemy widow even though I have to hit her 3-4 times and she has to hit me once. Now I can DPS Ana and won't get toxic DPS breathing down my neck.

Ashe
Basically, her coach gun is more of a real shotgun

If I had a shotgun and I put it up to someone's face I think they would die. and now they do : ). Thanks, blizzard.

Baptiste
Immortality field reduces incoming damage by 50% and has a shorter cooldown (25 to 15)

Immortality field is a useless ability and honestly needed the buff. Imort was always the weakest part of Baptiste and now maybe it's a little more viable? Still kinda garbage.

Bastion
Size reduced by %15

Smol bastion go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Brigitte
Whip shot: Hitting an enemy now resets the cooldown of shield bash

Insert joke here. I don't know this character is stupid

D.VA
Calling mech now does 600 damage to surrounding enemies

The one thing I HATE about Overwatch is that it is unrealistic. Dare forbid a videogame being unrealistic. Thanks for adding this to the game blizzard it really adds a level of realism. If a 300 lbs mech landed on my head it would kinda hurt.

Doomfist
Rocket Punch can now travel upward

Doom parkour has always been too hard for me. Thanks for having my back ; ). Also now I could tell my team doom IS a counter to Pharah.

Echo
Duplicate time increased from 15 -> 30 seconds

I think everyone can agree that this character is much needed for a buff. Echo has always been the weakest character in Overwatch and has never been meta because of how bad she is.
maybe this very small buff will make her see playtime.

Genji
The cooldown for deflect is reset after a kill.

Every gold knows that Genji mains are useless without a nano blade... What did you expect more?

Hanzo
Storm arrows now ricochet off the environment

This is one step closer to adding back scatter arrow. I feel that a DPS that can one-shot a tank is totally balanced and adds extra tension to playing tank. Please add back.

Junkrat
Can now throw down 3 separate traps

lul.

Lucio
Amp it up increases knockback of soundwave

If you are not playing Lucio to boop other players off the map then you're throwing. The other healer can heal keep it on speed.

Mccree
Headshots now refund 1 ammo

You aren't hitting headshots anyway this won't do anything.

Mei
Size increased by 15%, is now a tank and has 400hp

This is actual nightmare fuel.

Mercy

Can now target enemies

Now you can actually throw as Mercy other than picking her!

Moria
The only interesting thing is that you now suck for 75 damage per second instead of 50, but less range

Refer back to the first sentence of my review of the Ana change.

Orisa
Forward run speed increased by 40%

vroooooom

Pharah
Can move while in barrage.

Who would press q if the ultimate makes you stand still and have every enemy on the other team look at you and instantly kill you?

Reaper
Wraith form grants flight

They should make it so he could just walk through walls, so he is just a straight-up ghost. Sounds balanced. Also another Pharah counter ; ).

Reinhardt
Charge has 200% more steer.

Blizzard employees like playing Reinkart while waiting for their 20-minute comp queues and want it to be more fun.

Roadhog
Hook cooldown reduced 50% after hitting a target.

I don't though.

Sigma
No more shield, Isn't bound by gravity

Make sure you only play this on an indoor map because if you jump you're not coming back down.

Solider 76
Tac visor now aims for headshots only.

So now it's similar to my aim B). Yeah, I made 3 aim jokes already what are you gonna do about it.

Sombra
NMOpƎpISԀ∩ ┴XƎ┴ ⅄W SI ⅄HM Op ƎHS pIp ┴∀HM

¡Ԁ˥ƎH

Symmetra
Beam range increased 12 to 16

I think the beam should be increased to cross-map.

Torbjorn
Hammer damage increased by 200% in Overload. Killing blow increases overload by 2 seconds.

Just for reference that's 110 hp per hammer hit in Overload. uhh.

Tracer
Recall recharges all blinks

How to make a character more annoying 101.

Widow
Charged Widow's kiss (Secondary fire) does Peirce damage.

I can finally add some Widow clips to my Call of Duty montage.

Winston
Primal rage mele damage 40 -> 90 and Knockback increased by 40%

Who has to juggle when they die in two hits and gets hit off the map instantly.

Wrecking Ball
All abilities reduced by 3 seconds and are always in roll form.

Dev Comment: Both Wrecking Ball's mobility and survivability were often being called into question. Were these tuning values right for the game? I suppose we could buff them if we have to.

Zarya
Both barriers are now a shared cooldown with two charges.

What is better than two bubbles? four. Rush comp ftw.

Zenyatta
Can now levitate while holding jump for 3 seconds.

DisastrousTepidArabianwildcat-max-1mb.gif

This thread took a while to make. I am going to take a nap.

Back