Open [TF2 2fort] Add ruined 2fort as a playable map in the 2Fort server

4g0tt3nSou1

All you had to do was follow the D*** Train, CJ
Senior Manager
Our 2Fort server has been a staple of eGO for a while now. Its space in eGO is undeniable. However as we all know our servers are not always hitting some of the numbers we want to see, and right now it is the one lagging behind.
We have put efforts up to better bolster the numbers, but we can always do more to improve.

As such, I think an area we should focus on is how we can improve 2Fort.
We have our own custom version of 2Fort, Why not utilize it on the server? We could make it so the map is played every other day, or a vote command, rotation-style, etc. But as it stands I think we are underutilizing the map.

What are your guy's thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 1
This seems like a really good idea to me, regardless of how it's done. A lot of players go on 2Fort for the durdly, friendly experience. That means they're already going on eGO 2Fort because they want a different 2Fort experience. Adding ruined 2Fort in some capacity seems like a great way to do that. I think it would probably be best to have it as a vote command at least to start, like enabling the spirit of Halloween. That would have the added benefit of being able to gauge the popularity of Ruined 2Fort as opposed to traditional 2Fort. While I realize that Harvest and Hightower exist as primarily TDM servers, it might be an idea to consider encouraging players to achieve the objective in the specific case of 2Fort. The map just isn't set up that well for only fragging-but without a round timer there's no incentive to take any other game actions. In my mind, as a player who LOVES to just deathmatch, I can safely say that there's rarely any reason for me to pick 2Fort because the other maps are just better for that sorta thing. When I do play on 2Fort, it's because there's a specific reason-friends in the server, a high player count (so more action), etc. I think adding the ruined 2Fort would definitely give players a reason to hop on the server instead of just the other two. That being said I do think adding a game timer would be beneficial to attracting more server traffic (I apologize for proposing that without having any knowledge of how it would be implemented practically).

Anyway that was a long way of saying I think it's a great idea.

With Valve's 2Fort having such a poor layout in today's time, there is no path you can take that won't lead you right outside the enemy team's spawn, meaning that you're going to have a time just getting in, let alone snagging the intel and getting back out. Ruined 2Fort, on the other hand... Every time I play it, it's like a breath of fresh air. The map design and layout is just so much better and well thought out than Valve's version. Yes, you still have to either go over the bridge or through the sewers to get to the enemy base, but you're offered more options on which way you want to go once you get there. Sure it can be a bit of a maze at first, but that's where the fun is. I'm not going to go into any specifics, but put this map in. This will definitely get more people in once they see just how much this version adds to the regular 2Fort experience.

Back