Open [CS AWP] Suggestions for the new AWP server!

4g0tt3nSou1

All you had to do was follow the D*** Train, CJ
=(eGO)=
Really awesome to see the new server! Think it will bring a lot of fun! I hopped on to test it out and I gathered a few things you guys might want to consider.

Let me preface, I KNOW the server still has a lot of stuff planned, and it is being worked on still.
Simply put, these are some things to consider, I am sure you(CS LE) are already considering some of 'em.

1. CSay Message or more obvious indicator for special rounds
    • If we are going to have these special rounds stay a thing (noscope only, etc), people are not going to notice the chat message at first, I know I didn't. I just thought my mouse was screwy. Having this indicator be more obvious will cut down on confusion. It just makes sense. CSay would be best, as there is no avoiding seeing it.
      • Maybe having indicators similar to TTT would help, for example, a blue triangle top left with an icon describing the round.
  2. More custom assets and sounds:
    • Gives the game mode a more custom feel; Makes it different than any other server.
  3. Clip of the week Challenge
    • Submit best clip, get a prize. Incentivizes player activity
  4. "Taunts" for DS's
    • DS's could choose from a list of sound "taunts" that play when they win the round. These would be preset ones, or maybe we could add a donation option to add your own (Good way to incentivize the new DS tiers.) these of course would be subject to LE approval and would have strict guidelines.
  5. User Preferences
    • This will come in handy later for allowing users to customize their experience. This will just house things like toggles for stuff that maybe they might want to change,
  6. Allow "Tactical" grenades
    • This would be things like smokes or Flashbangs, maybe decoys. This would be a user preference thing, if everyone involved in the duel accepts the use, they can choose say one of those three, and use them to aid. These wouldn't impact the feel of having it AWPs only, as they do not change that dynamic. You are not going to be killing people with a smoke grenade(most likely, trolls will troll.). It just adds an extra dynamic and I think might make things interesting.
  7. Allow Extra Clientside stats.
    • Me personally, I would love to be able to toggle something like showimpacts to know how my shot hit, this might be useful for people to get better, and doesn't directly add any real advantage. This COULD in theory make noscope rounds a little cheaty, but you could always forcibly disable it for those rounds. This would just be a nice little thing to have.
    • Including extra things like hit detection, accuracy, timings, and other stats would also be useful.
  8. User Preference; Allow Pistols
    • This would be another way to spice up dynamics, again if all parties agree to allow using pistols. they are enabled. This would be disabled by default.
  9. Clear indicator that your opponent is a bot
    • Sometimes players like to mimic bots with their names, it would be nice if in the chat there was a clear indicator that your opponent is just a bot and not a player.
  10. User Preference; Allchat Disabled while playing
    • Sometimes you might want to sit up in that gamer chair, and really go hard. This would allow you to communicate with your team on maps that aren't 1v1 styled.
      • Dead could allchat to other dead players, admins, of course, can allchat regardless but are expected not to, maybe make this a timed command, like !announce,, which would bypass the allchat and dead factors.
  11. ELO-based 1v1s.
    • This would ensure everyone can enjoy playing, as let's be real, if you are a silver facing a GE, and they just are absolutely destroying you, there isn't a whole lot of fun to be had. This would allow players to face only evenly matched players.
  12. 1v1s?
    • So at the time of when I was playing, I got the vibe that some maps are 1 on 1, while others are team v team. It would be nice to be able to have 1v1s, as not everyone might be into the team thing, Idk what the goal is, but I personally was a Lil confused.
  13. Last Remaining have the option to knife fight instead of AWP.
    • Players are teleported in prox, beaconed, and given slightly increased HP, and only can knife.
  14. Leaderboards
    • These would be Weekly, monthly, and Yearly. Yearly top players could be given prizes.
  15. Different special round:
    • Maybe DS's could vote to toggle a special round once a map?
      • We could make this an everyone thing, but maybe DS's can vote a specific special round
    • The possibilities here are very numerous. These would be mutator-styled rounds, so you could get one, or a combo of different mutators on rounds, these would really spice things up
      • A list of possible "Mutators":

• NoScope only (already implemented)
        • Quickscope only: Users can't be scoped for longer than say a second or so. This is kinda "COD", but might be fun. Obviously couldn't be used with noscope.
        • Free-For-All: Everybody for themselves. This would be great every now and again in team vs team awp battles.
        • Knives only: Good for breaking up the repetition, pretty self-explanatory
        • Ghost War: Similar to JB's ghost war, everyone is hidden shortly, and can only shoot while unhidden.
        • Teleport War: Again from JB, on a connected shot with a player, your positions are swapped, including where you/they were looking.
        • Protect the VIP: Each team has a random player that they have to protect, eliminate the entire other team or the other team's VIP (Users could opt-out of VIP)
        • Juggernaut: Everyone is given a shield, and extra health or armor. Movement is slowed, with increased slowness with the shield deployed.
        • HighGrav: Grav is increased so players are unable to jump(or maybe "double" grav, such that they can only jump half as much).
        • Lowgrav: Grav is halfed
        • Nograv: "Zero" gravity, just enough gravity they do eventually fall, say like sv_gravity 100
        • 1vsAll: One player is stacked against all other players vs everyone for a legendary challenge.
          • X vs All, say like 1/4th current players vs all, alternative idea
        • Scout Round: Instead of AWPs, players are given scouts
        • SlowMo: Player speed is halved
        • Jolt: Player speed is doubled
        • Flash: Player speed is quadrupled.
        • Speed round: Round time is halfed.
        • Bomb Defusal: T's are given a bomb, and can choose between two sites, or have to go to enemy spawn? CTs defuse Ts plant.
        • Hostage: Awps only, but you gotta save the hostage and bring em back to spawn. Shooting the hostage will slay you.
        • Noclip: All players are given noclip for a round
        • Drug: all players are sm_drug 'ed for a round (Do not suggest it, as lots of people are not comfortable or will make them ill.)
        • Kill or die: Timer counts down, if you do not kill someone before the timer ends, you die.
        • Inverted Controls: All player's controls are inverted, Hooks onto the movement, and automatically convert it to the opposite. Up is down, left is right, same with mouse/joy angles.Clutch or kick: On last player remaining on these rounds, if the last alive player in a "X vs 1" situation fails to win the round, they are kicked(or maybe slayed a round)
        • Health drain: All players health is drained until they kill a player, which increases their health by say 25 percent.
        • Zombie Round: Similar to the JB special day, one team are zombies with no guns, but a ton of health. view is restricted. AWP team must defend to win.
        • Trickshots only: User has to say cycle weapons, or pull a 180+, collateral, wallbang, or etc for their bullet to deal damage.
        • Headshots only: Only Headshots are registered as damage dealing hits.
        • One in the chamber: One shot per kill, two bullets are given for a successful kill. Maybe allow respawns here?
        • "Wallhack" round: Players are given brief outlines of players after a set duration
        • BHop: All players are given autohop.
        • Chicken Shoot: Players shoot a target, whoever kills the most targets wins for their team slash themselves. Player damage is disabled
This is all stuff that I thought of on the spot. If I think of anything else I will add it here
Thanks again for the new server, I definitely will be playing on it and watching it grow.
Sorry for the really long post!

Upvote 2

QuickiexD

Toxic
=(e)=
+1 to all of these lol

Only thing I myself would add along with every 7 round no scope round is an occasional auto bhop round. Although if the DS are allowed to call for a vote for special rounds this could be one of those.

4g0tt3nSou1

=(eGO)=
Someone suggested today we also add the hide system for teammates similar to JB, I agree with this.

JuVe913

Famous
=(eGO)=
I haven't played the server yet, but the suggestions seem nice to have. +1

(Also combat surf when <3)

RyanT

shroud is good
=(e)=
+1 to all of these lol

Only thing I myself would add along with every 7 round no scope round is an occasional auto bhop round. Although if the DS are allowed to call for a vote for special rounds this could be one of those.
For me and a few others, the bhop is already a negative aspect of the mode, having an auto bhop round is even worse(spectate @houzekeeping and you will see why bhop is negative(no hate towards you house)) it allows players to move almost double the speed at which walking is, and the noscope rounds screw with everything. Say you were playing for a while, were popping off, then whats this, a noscope round based on luck, you lose your killstreak or whatever and then your aim is all screwed up from noscoping, and then you have to dial it back because you are once again uncoordinated.

RyanT

shroud is good
=(e)=
For me and a few others, the bhop is already a negative aspect of the mode, having an auto bhop round is even worse(spectate @houzekeeping and you will see why bhop is negative(no hate towards you house)) it allows players to move almost double the speed at which walking is, and the noscope rounds screw with everything. Say you were playing for a while, were popping off, then whats this, a noscope round based on luck, you lose your killstreak or whatever and then your aim is all screwed up from noscoping, and then you have to dial it back because you are once again uncoordinated.
Also, if someone really wanted to have a noscope round, they can just not use their right mouse button

QuickiexD

Toxic
=(e)=
At the end of the day though its just a causal DM server, with no rewards (excluding the competition the sweat lord EGOs cough @peloc cough are no lifing for) and is only there to spice it up. If you want a more competitive and rewarding style DM server there are 1v1 servers and even third party apps like ESEA that have their own servers for that kind of stuff. I do think BHOP is already way too easy on the server just from me playing it alone I don't even need to watch Houze, anyone with better than average CS movement can tell. But again I just think it adds more to the server so its not a full on sweat competition.

4g0tt3nSou1

=(eGO)=
I do agree o8ur hop settings are ridiculous right now, I do think that maybe this stuff I suggested better fits a 1v1 server than an awps server, but I do think my suggestions are still good suggestions, I think that a discussion needs to be held to find out what space the server is trying to nice itself into.

I also think it needs to have more forward input, SErverSpecalists for this server absolutely need to be a thing ASAP, and it isn't really clear who's heading up this project.

RyanT

shroud is good
=(e)=
At the end of the day though its just a causal DM server, with no rewards (excluding the competition the sweat lord EGOs cough @peloc cough are no lifing for) and is only there to spice it up. If you want a more competitive and rewarding style DM server there are 1v1 servers and even third party apps like ESEA that have their own servers for that kind of stuff. I do think BHOP is already way too easy on the server just from me playing it alone I don't even need to watch Houze, anyone with better than average CS movement can tell. But again I just think it adds more to the server so its not a full on sweat competition.
1v1 servers are not awp servers, and the only other awp server has new moderators and i already got banned twice for hacking, got unbanned on both occasions, but the new mods suck and the server is laggy now, the ego server is not, and i want it to head in a direction that most people would enjoy, a simple vanilla awp server

RyanT

shroud is good
=(e)=
Also if you ever played the esea warmup servers they dead af lmao

QuickiexD

Toxic
=(e)=
1v1 servers are not awp servers, and the only other awp server has new moderators and i already got banned twice for hacking, got unbanned on both occasions, but the new mods suck and the server is laggy now, the ego server is not, and i want it to head in a direction that most people would enjoy, a simple vanilla awp server
Well thats kinda your fault for getting banned lol

and i dont feel most people would enjoy it being vanilla tbh

4g0tt3nSou1

=(eGO)=
Well thats kinda your fault for getting banned lol

and i dont feel most people would enjoy it being vanilla tbh
Ryan's points are valid. We should be appealing to the larger majority of players. I do think I have brought great suggestions, but he is right, a fair majority of players want more vanilla aspects. I think we should provide that, and expand eventually to a 1v1 server with more of these suggestions. I think parts of stuff in thus thread could be picked over and useful, for example more statistics and utilities ; last alive option to go into a knife battle, and allowing players to have all chat disabled when alive. It should feel more like a competitive thing than a casual thing.

When we do have a 1v1 server maybe doing more of these special rounds and stuff is doable.

Goosesk

Forum Fiend
=(e)=
Last edited:

4g0tt3nSou1

=(eGO)=
No no and no on so many levels if every single player had a flash you would barely ever be able to speak
U can always limit each type available. I think having a smoke or two in the mix, maybe a FB would be neat. This honestly though is better for a 1v1 server than an awps server tho

TheRecipe

Rookie
=(e)=
Hi there! Maybe suggest a round where only HS are allowed? which pushes the players to aim more for the head (and is indirectly a practice for better aim)?

4g0tt3nSou1

=(eGO)=
Hi there! Maybe suggest a round where only HS are allowed? which pushes the players to aim more for the head (and is indirectly a practice for better aim)?

Did you click the spoiler?