Server State (Please Read)

Malenix

I made one post
=(e)=
I took a break from eGO to try other servers. After visiting more than 100+ servers, Here is a few things that should be either added, or re implemented into edgegamers. All of these are being written from experience. (Iv been in the eGO server since October 2019)

1- Greenzones, From experience, RDM has been a big issue with the growing player base, and the removal of greenzones.

2- Donation teirs, It would be cool to have a 1 of 1 donation teir for imports as vehicles have become very involved thing in the server.

3- Improved PD evidence, I cant even begin to tell how many times iv been arrested for things i did NOT do, so of the stories people come up with are quite ridiculous.

4- Better rules on harassment. Ive sent in a few friends to see how this is handled first hand and its kinda unacceptable how some mods deal with female harassment (Inappropriate comments/behavior) Nothing more needs to be said.

5- RP, This is an RP server at the end of the day, while there is the occasional event, everyone seems to only care about what the next grind for money is rather than actual RP. Maybe some new roles could be implemented from the gamemode "DarkRP" (Ex. Lottery script, Vote for Mayor Role, ect.)

There are many other servers that are much better in many ways but the reason I stay here is because of the community that has been built here. This community is way too good to just give up on and leave, Theres so much potential that has yet to be reached.

Many may read this post and think who tf are you, but to the few who have been around for a while, you know.
Take this as you will, I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greenzones, From experience, RDM has been a big issue with the growing player base, and the removal of greenzones.
Not 100% sure why Green zones were removed. I believe it was because it reduced rp, and people used it in the wrong way. I agree with some parts of the Green zones, but that can be talked about at a later date.

2- Donation teirs, It would be cool to have a 1 of 1 donation teir for imports as vehicles have become very involved thing in the server.
This is like pay to win. It would also ruin the economy even more. Not saying I might be beneficial, but from my standpoint, I wouldn't like something like this on the server.

3- Improved PD evidence, I cant even begin to tell how many times iv been arrested for things i did NOT do, so of the stories people come up with are quite ridiculous.
I agree with this, but what I can say is that as a Command Member in PD, we have stopped this kind of RP, and we make people actually go and investigate things.

4- Better rules on harassment. Ive sent in a few friends to see how this is handled first hand and its kinda unacceptable how some mods deal with female harassment (Inappropriate comments/behavior) Nothing more needs to be said.
As one of the females who actively play on the server and as an admin, I do not let harassment slide.

5- RP, This is an RP server at the end of the day, while there is the occasional event, everyone seems to only care about what the next grind for money is rather than actual RP. Maybe some new roles could be implemented from the gamemode "DarkRP" (Ex. Lottery script, Vote for Mayor Role, ect.)
Could you explain more what "DarkRP" is? The main reason we don't have a mayor is because of the economy(I think), as the DOJ is still building up. I hope in the future there could be something close to it.

I highly recommend you bring all of these thoughts and ideas to our next biweekly meeting.
I would but I'm in a position where I cant attend. (Work)
Not trying to tell LE how to run or operate, just voicing my opinion/thoughts is all.

I remember the days we had green zones. They were abused, and people would literally do everything in a green zone. You wanna sell something? Meet a person to talk about something? They would always say to meet @ a green zone so you couldn't rob them , kidnap etc. Having no green zones makes you be more aware, and brings more RP to the server. It's def better in my opinion. With the server growing a ton in the recent months, you are going to get those people who comes in hacking, RDM'in, etc. With the server being populated with 70+ people, it attracts people into the server, and you'll get those people, and they won't care about green zones.

And yeah pay to win would kill the server. What separates this server from a bunch is the economy. When you use IRL money to get a car or item, it kills it right away. I know that RP isn't suppose to be worrying about money, but we need to face the reality. A ton of people enjoy this server due to the economy and love making money, and finding new ways to make money and be able to grind for that car or whatever they want, even though that's not the purpose of RP, for some people it is.

I remember the days we had green zones. They were abused, and people would literally do everything in a green zone. You wanna sell something? Meet a person to talk about something? They would always say to meet @ a green zone so you couldn't rob them , kidnap etc. Having no green zones makes you be more aware, and brings more RP to the server. It's def better in my opinion. With the server growing a ton in the recent months, you are going to get those people who comes in hacking, RDM'in, etc. With the server being populated with 70+ people, it attracts people into the server, and you'll get those people, and they won't care about green zones.

And yeah pay to win would kill the server. What separates this server from a bunch is the economy. When you use IRL money to get a car or item, it kills it right away. I know that RP isn't suppose to be worrying about money, but we need to face the reality. A ton of people enjoy this server due to the economy and love making money, and finding new ways to make money and be able to grind for that car or whatever they want, even though that's not the purpose of RP, for some people it is.
I second Gucio.

Even as it stands right now, if you get killed, no one can loot your body. No one can dump you in the ocean and force you to respawn. When you get robbed, there's only a limited amount of things they can even take. So there's not as much "fear of losing all your stuff" compared to other servers. Green zones aren't a good idea and take away from roleplay and do exactly what Gucio has stated here.

Donation tiers = pay to win. Let's not. Thanks.

If you don't think an admin handled a report on harassment against females (or anyone for that matter) well enough, I suggest you make a Contact Leadership post about it here: https://www.edgegamers.com/forums/852/ And also report the player here: https://www.edgegamers.com/forums/1233/

Police Evidence RP is done mainly through roleplay means. I agree that having scripts to help the situation along would be nice but people should be properly roleplaying the investigations. That's on the players, not the server.

As for the DarkRP suggestion - we have many of those roles except the Mayor role and any roles that would actually be against the rules of eGO. (Example: Prostitution and Rapists aren't allowed)

I agree that there are "many better servers" out there but those servers also have their cons too. I'm a whitelisted member of NoPixel and I don't play there for many reason and prefer to play on our server.

Suggestions are great to see - keep them coming. I've been trying to push for a Bi-Weekly meeting on Saturday/Sunday so that people like you and me can actually attend them. Communication is the best way to keep growing the roleplay quality in this server.

I am very interested in this right here. Have you experienced a situation where someone was being harassed and it was not dealt with? I'd really love to know about it. We do not tolerate any sort of harassment, disrespect or discrimination here.

I also want to expand on #4.

Rules on harassment, sexual harassment, and all forms of discrimination are absolutely something we should be admining appropriately. There have been many times on the server where I was talked to horribly because I'm a female and every other admin and LE was super helpful with how to treat that situation. If you don't believe things are being handled appropriately, you should report it. eGO is very clear on their non-harassment policy and admins are well aware of this.

Other ideas are super interesting and I loooove the suggestions. Thanks for bringing it to the forums so we can read!

why is this a bad thing
Read the sentence right after it. That's why.

Not having to worry about being aware of your surroundings and maybe bringing people with you as protection is taking away from roleplay. I've never liked green zones for this reason. It's why I also don't like that we can't loot dead people. You want to carry 100k on you with all kinds of goodies that can be stolen - then you should have to fear for your life that you could lose it all. Yet, you don't have to in our server. So people walk around acting like badasses either by themselves or with one other buddy. It's unrealistic and doesn't contribute to good roleplay.

Disrespect of any person is taken very seriously, I can say if I'm on the server disrespect reports will be handled and our admins on the GTA server will also always handle them.

greenzones are boring

we have donator tiers, I think having them implemented into the server with perks wouldn't be a bad thing
Donation tiers = pay to win. Let's not. Thanks.
Not if cosmetic only btw EchoFX EchoFX

There are many other servers that are much better in many ways but the reason I stay here is because of the community that has been built here. This community is way too good to just give up on and leave, Theres so much potential that has yet to be reached.
The leadership team is constantly working on reaching the potential you talk about, posts like these sparking a constructive discussion. If you have any suggestions on scripts or improvements please keep sending them.

And lastly, with PD evidence RP, this is something I wish we could do more of, but when it comes to cops arresting you for things you didn't do.... hate to say it a script cant make good cops, but IC reports do make good cops! Whenever I see a cop do a dumb thing I report it. If I'm on my cop character I coach them on being better.

I think posts like these are great and can feed ideas into the community to discuss at Bi-weekly meetings and on a person-to-person level.

1 RDM remains a thing even with greenzones. All they did was encouraging people to sit there for everything they did. It just didn't stimulate RP and only caused people to sit their AFK. RDM might be a problem, but if it is, then its up to the playerbase to start getting a better understanding if our rules and what roleplay is about.
2 Donation items/vehicle could be cool aslong as it is cosmetic only, and if no way effects the economy. I dislike pay to win as it just removes the fun aspect of working for things and being rewarded. That being said, there was a time even a cars plate would affect its price so im highly against anything with donations unless its done perfectly
3 Improved PD evidence actually comes from the civilians. People can drop notes with fingerprints, camera evidence, heck you could DM a cop thats in the city for the evidence. There isnt much PD can do about this, but the civilians can but no one wants to get caught. Also if you get an unlawfull arrest, take it to court. And i always advice people to use bodycams as they are really effective in most scenario's.
4 Got nothing, just the same as some of the other replies, well said everyone!
5 Roles such as major and stuff, are really hard to implement and maintain. It comes with people having to be active, and doing a good job. At the same time, i dont think it brings much besides troubles. Like you said it's a RP server but no one is stopping you from roleplaying. You can imagine anything realistic and try to do it. When i first joined i believed a guy who said he was CIA and hunting a wanted criminal. Amazing RP he did without any money, scripts, or anything. You dont need all that, just come imagination will get you there.

Read the sentence right after it. That's why.
with all the over emphasis on crime, killing, and robbery, I don't see that as a bad thing. It gives a break from the non reality of everyone being a criminal and provides some sense of normal.

with all the over emphasis on crime, killing, and robbery, I don't see that as a bad thing. It gives a break from the non reality of everyone being a criminal and provides some sense of normal.
Or gives criminals a space to also exchange things "without having to worry" about being robbed/arrested? There's many ways to look at it. The point is: Realistically, there are no greenzones IRL. So you should be smart about your roleplay and find places to meet up and do things where people can't find you and bother you. Not everyone is going to agree on everything but this is my opinion on greenzones and I don't like them and I hope they never come back. :)

Not if cosmetic only btw EchoFX EchoFX
Other than the current cosmetic only DS benefits that exist (license plates, D8 interiors) what other "Cosmetic only" things could even be implemented to push donation tiers that would not be pay-to-win and won't not affect the economy at all? I can't think of anything so I'm generally curious if you have ideas.

I do have one suggestion though which is kind of annoying to micro-manage... but currently you can donate $5 and get one of the DS interiors for your property and get some custom license plates and then cancel DS and it will all remain. We could make it so you actually have to have DS continually to keep these perks. If you cancel it, you get your properties reverted back to default and your custom license plates taken away. (Like I said though, it would be a pain to micro-manage it)

Or gives criminals a space to also exchange things "without having to worry" about being robbed/arrested? There's many ways to look at it. The point is: Realistically, there are no greenzones IRL. So you should be smart about your roleplay and find places to meet up and do things where people can't find you and bother you. Not everyone is going to agree on everything but this is my opinion on greenzones and I don't like them and I hope they never come back. :)
greenzones restricted violent roleplay. you could still be arrested. and while there are no "Greenzones" irl, there are areas that are statistically less likely to invoke violence or crime. as it is right now, criminals don't care and just do whatever they want in broad daylight no matter where they are or who's watching, because nobody roleplays that the AI can really do anything to report you.

greenzones restricted violent roleplay. you could still be arrested. and while there are no "Greenzones" irl, there are areas that are statistically less likely to invoke violence or crime. as it is right now, criminals don't care and just do whatever they want in broad daylight no matter where they are or who's watching, because nobody roleplays that the AI can really do anything to report you.
I can't argue that last line. People truly act as if AI just aren't there. I personally don't but yeah, there's a lot of people who need a lesson in roleplay. It is what it is.

Realistically, there are no greenzones IRL.

If we did reimplement greenzones, I would imagine it would likely be places like police stations and hospitals. A lot of police stations nowadays have Internet Exchange locations that are under camera surveillance. People using sites like FB Marketplace/Craigslist/etc use these locations to trade/purchase items and a criminal would be stupid to try to commit a crime there.

Other than the current cosmetic only DS benefits that exist (license plates, D8 interiors) what other "Cosmetic only" things could even be implemented to push donation tiers that would not be pay-to-win and won't not affect the economy at all? I can't think of anything so I'm generally curious if you have ideas.

I do have one suggestion though which is kind of annoying to micro-manage... but currently you can donate $5 and get one of the DS interiors for your property and get some custom license plates and then cancel DS and it will all remain. We could make it so you actually have to have DS continually to keep these perks. If you cancel it, you get your properties reverted back to default and your custom license plates taken away. (Like I said though, it would be a pain to micro-manage it)
Maybe an extra character slot or something, prio queue is already there so not that , if you have more ideas 100% let LE know. but as you said managing a lot of perks would be hard.

Back