What are you currently reading, or wanting to read?

TehRaddish

EGO Zealot
=(eGO)=
Thought we could use a new thread, looking to see what everyones reading, or planning to read!

Currently I've been reading "Ghost Fleet" by P.W Singer and Augusta Cole
Basically a novel about how the next World War could look like. Very interesting!

Next on the chopping block for me is "Endurance" by Alfred Lansing. About the Ernest Shackleton Antarctic expedition in 1914, so that'll be pretty cool!

So lets see what y'all got! :D

The Ember War series, The Extinction Cycle series, the Ender's Game series, and Lord of the Rings
ill have to check Ember and Extinction series out! I absolutely LOVED the Ender's Game series. I would argue that the shadow series of Enders games is better than the main books. Beans story is KICKASS

Have you read the prequels for Ender's Game? There's also another book coming out this October that ties in Ender's story with Bean's. Ember Wars is by Richard Fox. Extinction Cycle is by Nicholas Sansbury Smith. I listen to audiobooks at work so I go through a lot of books.

Since summer has started I have begun reading 11/22/63. I've heard some great things about it so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Have you read the prequels for Ender's Game? There's also another book coming out this October that ties in Ender's story with Bean's. Ember Wars is by Richard Fox. Extinction Cycle is by Nicholas Sansbury Smith. I listen to audiobooks at work so I go through a lot of books.

I want to say I read the first book in the formic wars saga years ago, but its been long enough since I read the books I may just do a reread of them all, so ill be sure to check them all out! Thank you for the suggestions! :D

Since summer has started I have begun reading 11/22/63. I've heard some great things about it so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Hulu did a single season series of 11/22/63, and it was REALLY good. I'd highly recommend it when you are finished with the book

Amazing book with an amazing adaption on hulu like TehRaddish TehRaddish said.

Currently rereading through the Maximum Ride series due to James Patterson releasing another book about a year ago that takes place in the same world just much later on, the name of that book is "Hawk".

I'm currently reading "Rhythm of War", book 4 in the Storm-light Archive, by Brandon Sanderson.

It has a great take on magic/psionics and is an awesomely built mini-vers set inside his mega-verse called 'the Cosmere'. If you you read this series and don't want a Shard AND Shard plate then, You. Are. Wrong. Even tho Shard has an un-poetic meaning in today's vernacular.

Fair warning, the first book "The Way of Kings", is a difficult read. It's the only book I've ever stopped and started over from the begging after reading about half way thru. And I consider my self a "Bookie"

Books/Series/Universes I'd highly recommend:

"Armor", John Steakley (I've reread this 2-3 times, it's all about the number of 'Drops' you've made, and DAMMIT some people just WILL NOT DIE!)

"Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", Douglass Adams (Only book/series I've laughed so hard I cried!)

"Uplift Universe", David Brin (Biological Uplift is one of the coolest concepts in the Universe! Earthclan Unite!)

"Stranger in a Strange Land", Robert A. Heinlein (If you're open to it. This book will literally change the way you think. I hope that one day you can ALL Grok what I'm sayin'?)

Last edited:
Back