Not Planned [Community] Making a pavlov eGO server

I've debated the practicality of having VR Titles as part of eGO (Me personally, I would LOVE for Onward to be supported, I think we would make a great VRML Team.), but the fact of the matter there isn't a whole lot of ways eGO can actively help that scene. A lot of those games don't actually offer Dedicated Server tools, so we can't actually host our own lobbies, unless someone physically organizes each match.

The only way we really can go through and support it is through Professional Competitive, such as VRML.

I've debated the practicality of having VR Titles as part of eGO (Me personally, I would LOVE for Onward to be supported, I think we would make a great VRML Team.), but the fact of the matter there isn't a whole lot of ways eGO can actively help that scene. A lot of those games don't actually offer Dedicated Server tools, so we can't actually host our own lobbies, unless someone physically organizes each match.

The only way we really can go through and support it is through Professional Competitive, such as VRML.
pavlov has dedicated servers
https://pavlovhorde.com/buy/

Servers you can rent or servers you can operate? Difference being is it something we can throw up on our provider and manage ourselves or is it some host who uses the same TCAdmin panel as everyone else. eGO would likely throw it on one of their boxes if they did it at all.

Servers you can rent or servers you can operate? Difference being is it something we can throw up on our provider and manage ourselves or is it some host who uses the same TCAdmin panel as everyone else. eGO would likely throw it on one of their boxes if they did it at all.
When you download the game on steam, it gives u the pavlov vr dedicated server, so i imagine you can host your own server.

Yeah, Pavlov VR can have dedicated servers. I've been loving Pavlov recently (been playing a whole lot of it), and would love to see a dedicated server.

By question, what can be done in the ways of modification? I'm not familiar with the game, but to me it wouldn't make sense if we had the same TDM as everyone else. I still think we should support more VR stuff but I am intrigued by the thought of modifications.

By question, what can be done in the ways of modification? I'm not familiar with the game, but to me it wouldn't make sense if we had the same TDM as everyone else. I still think we should support more VR stuff but I am intrigued by the thought of modifications.
I was thinking more of a TTT server, but I'm unsure on how much modification can happen.

Would you guys be interested in making a wider division of VR In general? it might help make later projects like having pro teams in different titles more possible. eGO needs more VR.

Would you guys be interested in making a wider division of VR In general? it might help make later projects like having pro teams in different titles more possible. eGO needs more VR.
Thats a great idea! An entire VR division would be a great way to connect with people, because of the smaller player base, and would be great to grow the community without being too specific and failing. fantastic idea!

Reviving this, Pavlov has a lot of custom content for community servers now. Prop hunt, TTT, cod zombies, halo stuff, star wars stuff, rp servers, tdm, snd, dayz (pavz), and more. An event server could be interesting if there is enough eGO VR players.

Last edited:
I advise anyone looking for a new supported game (or server even) look at https://www.edgegamers.com/threads/378532/

It’s too easy to say “we should add X server“ and not follow through or get with the people that can make stuff happen. If you have an idea that you strongly believe in, own it. Get with people, follow the procedures, and make it happen.

New game modes and servers are large undertakings for the Leadership and community as a whole. While it isn’t harmful to daydream about new games that EGO supports, it’s very unhelpful to just say “I like this game, we should support it” without following through.

The bigger an idea is or the more work it requires, the more planning there should be behind it. I understand this thread may just be an attempt to see if people would be interested, but what would you do if the results were positive?

Please read the steps for requesting new supported games here.

Marking as Not Planned.

Back