Favorite quotes?

Goosesk

EGO Addict
=(eGO)=
What is YOUR favorite quote? From anything it could be Sun tzu, from a tv show or even anime!

Last edited:
"Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the bitch that bore him is in heat again" - Bertolt Brecht, 1958

The Bastard was Hitler, and the B! in heat represents the problems that still plague the world to this day.

maxresdefault.jpg

“Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg… and my arm… even my fingers. The body I’ve lost… the comrades I’ve lost… won’t stop hurting… It’s like they’re all still there. You feel it, too, don’t you?”​

Not in a movie or other but it's a citation from Napoléon that said in french : Mes ennemis sont nombreux mais je n'ai pas d'égal.
In english : My enemies are many but I have no equal.

“With no relation to social status, class, background, whether it suits them or not, people yearn for a dream. Sustained by a dream, hurt by a dream, revived by a dream, killed by a dream. And even after being abandoned by a dream, it continues to smolder from the bottom of one's heart, probably until the verge of death. A man should envision such a lifetime once. A life spent as a martyr...to the God named "Dream". Ultimately, to be born, and then to simply live for no better reason...I can't abide such a life. They are...excellent troops. Together we have faced death so many times. They are my valuable comrades, devoting themselves to the dream I envision. But to me, a friend is...something else. Someone who would never depend on another's dream. Someone who wouldn't be compelled by anyone, but would determine and pursue his own reason to live...And should anyone trample that dream, he would oppose him body and soul, even if that threat were me myself. What I think a friend is...is one who is my "Equal".”

I don't want to seem the smartest, that's why the quote from Harry Potter "The hat called for being brave and strong in this difficult time. It's easy for her to say, right? She's a hat!"

“Someone will always pop up to say, "You would be more effective if you were nicer." "You would have a more receptive audience if you adjusted your tone." "You catch more flies with honey." Well, I don't want flies. The most likable woman in the world is crawling with f*****g flies.”
― Lindy West, The Witches Are Coming

Last edited:
“Okay, every single thing you just said fucks me up.”

Leviathan Falls, Fayez - talking to his wife about the protomolecule

Last edited:
Back