JB Map's rotation

Good idea ?

• Total voters
No.

There's already a good amount of cooldown on the maps played. I know it sucks for people to play the same maps, but they're winning EVERY vote which means the players like them.
Why would we damage the server by playing unpopular maps that people don't really like?

If anything, we should host jailbreak events on the jailbreak server where we force people to play newer/less traditional maps for an evening. That way it's not a permanent hit on the server, only once~ a month.
This is a solid idea. Have events where we play the underplayed maps, that way it gives us a chance to learn them better, and other people a chance to find out that these maps are actually good with proper experience on them.

If I’m not mistaken you can’t play the same map until another 10 maps are played. I think this by itself is fine to stop “overplaying” maps. These maps aren’t overplayed, they’re popular because they were made well and the players enjoy the map. If these maps weren’t good they wouldn’t be chosen by the majority of players.

A map being popular and played often isn’t a bad thing. And if these maps start to get boring or receptive they won’t be chosen by the majority of the server.

This is a solid idea. Have events where we play the underplayed maps, that way it gives us a chance to learn them better, and other people a chance to find out that these maps are actually good with proper experience on them.
Exactly.
It would be required to be on the jailbreak server though, since I don't think the event server will be populated enough to where it will make a difference. Having an hour or two a month where we force one to three maps to be played wouldn't be a terrible idea.

If I’m not mistaken you can’t play the same map until another 10 maps are played. I think this by itself is fine to stop “overplaying” maps. These maps aren’t overplayed, they’re popular because they were made well and the players enjoy the map. If these maps weren’t good they wouldn’t be chosen by the majority of players.

A map being popular and played often isn’t a bad thing. And if these maps start to get boring or receptive they won’t be chosen by the majority of the server.
Like I said previously, the fact that they vote for the same maps everytime its because they don't know the other ones.
How many times I saw some players said "I don't know this map so its a bad map" or stuff like that and then RTV

Last edited:
If I’m not mistaken you can’t play the same map until another 10 maps are played. I think this by itself is fine to stop “overplaying” maps.
I'm not really sure but I think it's less than 10 maps. It must be 6 or 7 maps
But when we say overplayed, it's because these are the most played at least 2-3 times per day (or even more). I understand they are popular but they indirectly become too played...

What I am talking about it's the rotation of all the maps. It's not rare (its even really common) to see 7 maps out of 9 being Minecraft, Clouds, VIP, Undertale, Arcade, Quake, Kwejsi and then one or two maps at the maximum are played. After that, those 6 maps are played again, not particulary in the same order and sometimes we can play Clouds then idk alien for example, and then again Arcade. So you know what I mean, they are constantly played because when one of those maps are banned from the RTV vote, one of them are still nominable.
So what I'm saying is that they take the monopoly of the maps, and at the same time, the major part of time played on the JB is on those maps. It's maybe thanks to their popularity, but this is how they become overplayed in my opinion. I mean, it become pretty obvious when you play on the jailbreak server, especially for a long session.

And to be honest, this is why it should be a good idea to increase the amount of days banned from the RTV for those maps because it's an endless circle

Last edited:
do you actually have a reason or is it just no?
I do, but its the same reason from above, i don't agree with nekk, i don't know any map but those overplayed are indeed fun, if people vote for them is because of something, now overplaying them is indeed bad so like i said before i agree with soph, per month play like 2-3 hours or more of unpopular maps IF the real reason is that person doesn't know them that with help with the problem

I just wanted to add my opinion here,

I 100% agree that we play certain maps too many times and I would also be 100% down to have something like what Nekkk Nekkk said. But like he also said, people like playing the maps because they are familiar and easy to play, but if they never get exposed to other maps then they won’t ever know if another map has more to offer than what they might know. Yes I know we play some less played maps pretty often but it will either get RTV’d pretty fast for, usually, the dumbest of reasons or the server population will go down because certain people got mad that they couldn’t play clouds for the 7th time that day. With that being said most of the time a map gets RTV’d, it’s because the CTs don’t know the map and thus get pounded by the Ts that DO know the map. And if we kept playing it more than cts will learn it, more and Ts will learn it and then it will be more comfortable for everyone.

and just to add something else, I’ve been playing jailbreak for around 2 1/2 years and in that time I’ve probably played clouds for around 5-6 full days. So 5-6 days of my life were playing that single map. Nothing has changed with it.

Literally the most fun is when you are playing a new map and looking for secrets
Truly. I remember when, before I was banned, me and wzz would queue into the newest maps and use a string of console commands to find secrets before anyone else. Those were good times.

I just wanted to add my opinion here,

I 100% agree that we play certain maps too many times and I would also be 100% down to have something like what Nekkk Nekkk said. But like he also said, people like playing the maps because they are familiar and easy to play, but if they never get exposed to other maps then they won’t ever know if another map has more to offer than what they might know. Yes I know we play some less played maps pretty often but it will either get RTV’d pretty fast for, usually, the dumbest of reasons or the server population will go down because certain people got mad that they couldn’t play clouds for the 7th time that day. With that being said most of the time a map gets RTV’d, it’s because the CTs don’t know the map and thus get pounded by the Ts that DO know the map. And if we kept playing it more than cts will learn it, more and Ts will learn it and then it will be more comfortable for everyone.

and just to add something else, I’ve been playing jailbreak for around 2 1/2 years and in that time I’ve probably played clouds for around 5-6 full days. So 5-6 days of my life were playing that single map. Nothing has changed with it.
Totally agree ! That's exactly what i'm trying to say. Thank you (y)

The most fun part of Jailbreak is when you are adopting to a new map that other people are also learning, that's when the most fun is had.
Yep, that's true ! And after that, you need to find the way to rebel or idk, doing other stuff on the maps

There is a reason why maps are voted over other maps by now everyone has definetly had a chnace to play everymap.

also remove arcade that is the most boring map ever its the same thing over and over

There is a reason why maps are voted over other maps by now everyone has definetly had a chnace to play everymap.

also remove arcade that is the most boring map ever its the same thing over and over
Most players have played each map at least once, but without outside practice that's not enough to learn and appreciate a map. Once a map is fully understood by the majority, it becomes popular regardless of its quality often. It's a comfort box issue. Arcade has some of the most diverse minigames of any map except chicken island, etc.

This is just my take at your reply, interested in this thread because this has been an issue for years and there's no clear way to fix it without forcing the hand of the players.

yes tbh. Its always the maps that rarely get voted in that I have the most fun on, like that one where the ct's turn into chickens or overcooked. It's a shame that everyone plays like 6 maps cause we never get to play the fun ones imo. The T's just vote for whatever is rebel easy

Back