Hot Take - Allow jail time to decrease when a character is not in the city.

sesh99

Poster
=(eG)=
Not really a "Hot Take" - Allow jail time to decrease when a character is not in the city.

This may be a little biased as I am writing this post while in jail however, here are a few reasons why I think this would be beneficial. (I got jailed for 2+ hrs)

1. Allows longer playtime:
There are many times where I get jailed and just call it a night instead of changing characters and pursuing more RP.
I just have to sit in jail for another extended period of time and log off when I get out.
If I had the presence of mind that I would be able to swap characters and still be able to play my crim the next day I feel as if many criminal roleplayers would pursue other characters and increase RP.

2. Combats AFK players:
I know many players that just AFK when they are jailed (myself included). Although I know our server can hold 64 players (and we rarely reach that)
It still couldn't be harmful to have empty players filling the server. Allowing people to disconnect knowing that their time would still go down could help server resources.

3. Allow time "rewards" for active roleplay in jail:
I know that there is not much to do in the jail at the moment but rewarding players that are actively roleplaying
(Ex. Moving around, using emotes, talking, performing actions IE. Punching others) could encourage prison roleplay.

Please don't kill me
Also pls fix motels

K Thx :)

Last edited:
Firstly, thanks for this post Sesh myself and the rest of the team appreciate feedback a ton.

on the off chance that the dev team is not aware of the motel issue, care to make a bug report on what's wrong with motels? additionally I think its of the opinion of the entire LE team that seeding the server is always a good thing which means that you afking in the server and seeding it is always going to be worth the minimal amount of impact a single player has on the server.

on point number 3 there is something in the works on that front. but also the DOC (Department of corrections) is soon to be operational, which means you will have active roleplay within the prison (if we have people join that department) prison rp is coming!

on your first point if the DOC gets up and running and has people active in it, even 1 or 2 people, it can provide you with some good RP that may get your time lowered depending on your behavior in the cells. but I can understand from your pov, get jailed and then go afk and wait till you can rp again, the hope is from us is that when you are jailed there is some form of new rp avenues and opportunity's ;)

once again, thanks for this "hot take" but it isn't really a hot take its a suggestion that has been heard.

I like this suggestion. There really isn't a difference if someone just sits AFK in jail or closes their game. Allowing people to get off and their time go down give them an option, if there is other ppl in jail and DOC around, they can choose to stay around and RP with them or just get off and call it a night, go out, play something else, whatever the case may be.

I get that seeding the server is always a good thing, but why not allow someone to get on a different character and instead of just seeding, actually be out there RPing

Back