Community Info Sharing

Arbiter

⚔️ EGO Dictator ⚔️
=(eGO)=
A hot button topic around the community has been “information sharing”. Members want to know what’s being worked on around the community, from Counter Strike, Tech, GTA, etc. Leadership is currently investigating the best possible way to have information more accessible to members. I come to you all with two questions.

1: would you prefer to have individual games/teams host frequent voice meetings to discuss with their members about what’s being worked on?
or
2: would you prefer to have regular announcements thread made for each game/team to update members on upcoming updates, projects being worked on, etc.

Do you have a different idea? Drop it below.

I think voice meetings are nice because the facilitate an open discussion more so than a forum post. However I think it should be left up to the individual games / teams to decide on how they think it would be best to present their information.

Transparency is always the key aspect that I've seen repeated over an over. Hearing "we've got things we're working on" is percieved completely different than a more open explanation as to what's being worked on.

Idea #2 sounds great. It needs to be consistently done is all. Perhaps a deadline / specific date each month to enforce it.

You can do voice meetings but, not everyone attends those. It's been a problem for ages where something or stuff gets talked about during meetings, and those who didn't attend are confused and in the dark.

Last edited:
Could you just do community wide meetings where a manager reports what's happening underneath their division (have a manager from every division report on their division) and what progress has been made within the past month do the meetings once a month have a staff member record it then make a new thread where you put the recordings every month to make sure it's widely available to everyone who couldn't make the meeting or didn't know of it

Could also use the time for suggestions and ideas from members on how to help expedite projects on divisions or just a new project that could improve the division either way I think this would provide pretty much crystal clear transparency for the community as a whole hell even could just post the recording on the YouTube channel and drop an announcement on twitter which should feed into the discord announcements if you don't want it buried into the forums

Last edited:
Could you just do community wide meetings where a manager reports what's happening underneath their division (have a manager from every division report on their division) and what progress has been made within the past month do the meetings once a month have a staff member record it then make a new thread where you put the recordings every month to make sure it's widely available to everyone who couldn't make the meeting or didn't know of it
We had these before but a lot of the meetings felt like they could've been summed up in a forum post and were just excessive.

Reactions: 72.
We had these before but a lot of the meetings felt like they could've been summed up in a forum post and were just excessive.

For real. Historically I've rarely had the time to attend meetings, let alone spend an hour scrubbing through and listening.

Most times you can sum it all up in 3-5 bullet points.

Reactions: 72.
A hot button topic around the community has been “information sharing”. Members want to know what’s being worked on around the community, from Counter Strike, Tech, GTA, etc. Leadership is currently investigating the best possible way to have information more accessible to members. I come to you all with two questions.

1: would you prefer to have individual games/teams host frequent voice meetings to discuss with their members about what’s being worked on?
or
2: would you prefer to have regular announcements thread made for each game/team to update members on upcoming updates, projects being worked on, etc.

Do you have a different idea? Drop it below.
GTA and OW have this magical bi-weekly QnA/Meeting good idea.

Even though Voice meetings are good because of the way the person can express themselves, for this type of thing that need transparency in my opinion would be better the #2 idea

Honestly, why not both?

The ones who do attend can do QnA's in the voice and the ones who can't come to the meetings can catch up on the forum post. All I want to see are showcases of what's being worked on. Something to look forward to.

I myself would love to be able to attend discord calls and whatnot, however I dont have that patience nor time to really sit in a call and wait for the server or game im interested in myself to be the topic of discussion. With the CSGO community servers for example theres an update log for " patch notes " type threads. I could see that also being a very good option just have a weekly or bi-weekly server managers information log of whatever is currently being worked on. With that there could also be solutions to whatever the topic of discussion is.

Back