Game Overview: The Forest

TheForest.jpg

The Forest is a horror survival game developed and published by Endnight Games Ltd on April 30, 2018. The Forest is available on steam for $19.99 USD. It is also supported by VR and on Play Station. You can play with up to 8 additional people. Sons of the Forest (sequel) is announced for sometime late 2021, but no release date thus far.

STORY
In The Forest, you are playing as the only survivor of a plane crash in a deserted terrain. You are able to interact with every part of the world including the trees, rocks, water, and skulls. You are able to chop down trees and collecting pieces of the world to build a camp and protect yourself from the savage cannibals that run around the area. You also have to mind your hunger, health, and sanity, as you navigate the world in search of Timmy, who was lost in the crash and to learn more about your surroundings.

GAMEPLAY
As you fly over a forested peninsula with your son Timmy, your plane suddenly crashes. As you wake up, you realize your son is missing, and it is now up to you to survive on this island inhabited by cannibalistic tribes and monsters to find your son and find out what mysteries lie beyond The Forest.

COMMUNITY INTERVIEWS
Godzilla - 4/5:
I wish there was more to it after you beat the game. It doesn't take that long to beat the game,
but not a bad game. Son of forest coming soon.

Gabe - 4.9/5:
I’ve played the game since it’s pre-release, the game in its entirety was super glitchy at that time and I don’t believe even had a story. I would hop on probably once every 2-3 months with my friend and we’d try a new spot on the map to build a giant house. For a little while the stopped, probably around a year and a half or so, it had come out of pre access and was said to have a full story mode. We decided to hop right in and try and beat the game. It is hands down the best cooperative game I’ve played, if rated solely for co-op, it’s 1000 out of ten, the experiences this game created when you’re with a group of friends is unmatched
Overall this game is a must play if you have a group of friends, I would not recommend playing solo, the best part is the craziness that happens when being in a group.

Gabby - 4.5/5:
I love the forest!!! It's a lot of fun to play with other people. You can choose to play the story or just fight off the bad guys.

Martin - 4.5/5:
Was hesitant at first about the game. However after trying it out with some friends, I really enjoyed the aspect of the game. I really enjoyed the the survival that you have to go through to progress through the story and enjoyed the laughter and memory I made with my friends.

Power_Outlet - 4/5:
It’s a pretty fun game, much better with friends. Would definitely recommend, even more so if you can grab it while it’s on sale.

Heidi - 5/5:
The forest is a fun survival horror game! I have played it a few times with friends. It has an interesting story you uncover as you play the game. If you have a small group of friends, i'd recommend getting it!

TurtleNine - 4.2/5 (with friends):
I’ve played a little. It was pretty fun, it’s got that creepy scary element to it while also having an interesting story. But it can be goofy at times. Probably a lot more fun with friends 2.8 solo. But 4.2 with friends

REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Windows 7
Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
DirectX: Version 9.0
Storage: 5 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible
Additional Notes: 32bit windows users need to ensure they have at least 4gb of ram usable on their system.

RECOMMENDED:
Windows 7
Processor: Quad Core Processor
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Check out The Forest on Steam

Credits:
Art: @Wish | Writing: @gabby Martin Martin | Editor: webby webby | Interviewer: @b t | Contributors: @Godzilla @Gabe @gabby Martin Martin heidi heidi P Power_Outlet @TurtleNine
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check EdgeGamers out on Social Media:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |
YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
i played halo: I have been a big fan of the Halo series since CE so I may be a bit biased but yea.

Positives
- Good campaign
- Fun coop
- Good story
- Good mechanics
- Graphics are good
- Good price, honestly don't wouldn't even wait for it to go on sale

Cons
- I have noticed a sound delay every now and again
- A few graphical glitches every now and again, not really regular
- The fact they exchanged the original Halo Reach XP and levelling system with "seasons"
- Can no longer just buy what you want, you need to play 4 million mp matches just to
unlock the helmet you want then repeat that for the matching chest piece in the next
season
- Can no longer get experience from the campaign (Edit: This has since been updated so
you can ear medals from campaign but you still can't directly earn xp)
- The maximum experience able to be collected is to low for the later levels. I think the max
should be lifted fro everyone, or slowly go up depending on what level you are
- How long it takes to level up is just stupid. It was good for the first few levels then it feels like there is a massive jump in time.
- A few audio glitches here and then. (For me anyway you need to be facing the sound to hear it, even if its over comms

I love the game and would honestly recommend it but think a few things could be changed in my personal opinion.

@b t

View attachment 7968

The Forest is a horror survival game developed and published by Endnight Games Ltd on April 30, 2018. The Forest is available on steam for $19.99 USD. It is also supported by VR and on Play Station. You can play with up to 8 additional people. Sons of the Forest (sequel) is announced for sometime late 2021, but no release date thus far.

STORY
In The Forest, you are playing as the only survivor of a plane crash in a deserted terrain. You are able to interact with every part of the world including the trees, rocks, water, and skulls. You are able to chop down trees and collecting pieces of the world to build a camp and protect yourself from the savage cannibals that run around the area. You also have to mind your hunger, health, and sanity, as you navigate the world in search of Timmy, who was lost in the crash and to learn more about your surroundings.

GAMEPLAY
As you fly over a forested peninsula with your son Timmy, your plane suddenly crashes. As you wake up, you realize your son is missing, and it is now up to you to survive on this island inhabited by cannibalistic tribes and monsters to find your son and find out what mysteries lie beyond The Forest.

COMMUNITY INTERVIEWS
Godzilla - 4/5:
I wish there was more to it after you beat the game. It doesn't take that long to beat the game,
but not a bad game. Son of forest coming soon.

Gabe - 4.9/5:
I’ve played the game since it’s pre-release, the game in its entirety was super glitchy at that time and I don’t believe even had a story. I would hop on probably once every 2-3 months with my friend and we’d try a new spot on the map to build a giant house. For a little while the stopped, probably around a year and a half or so, it had come out of pre access and was said to have a full story mode. We decided to hop right in and try and beat the game. It is hands down the best cooperative game I’ve played, if rated solely for co-op, it’s 1000 out of ten, the experiences this game created when you’re with a group of friends is unmatched
Overall this game is a must play if you have a group of friends, I would not recommend playing solo, the best part is the craziness that happens when being in a group.

Gabby - 4.5/5:
I love the forest!!! It's a lot of fun to play with other people. You can choose to play the story or just fight off the bad guys.

Martin - 4.5/5:
Was hesitant at first about the game. However after trying it out with some friends, I really enjoyed the aspect of the game. I really enjoyed the the survival that you have to go through to progress through the story and enjoyed the laughter and memory I made with my friends.

Power_Outlet - 4/5:
It’s a pretty fun game, much better with friends. Would definitely recommend, even more so if you can grab it while it’s on sale.

Heidi - 5/5:
The forest is a fun survival horror game! I have played it a few times with friends. It has an interesting story you uncover as you play the game. If you have a small group of friends, i'd recommend getting it!

TurtleNine - 4.2/5 (with friends):
I’ve played a little. It was pretty fun, it’s got that creepy scary element to it while also having an interesting story. But it can be goofy at times. Probably a lot more fun with friends 2.8 solo. But 4.2 with friends

REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Windows 7
Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
Additional Notes: 32bit windows users need to ensure they have at least 4gb of ram usable on their system.

RECOMMENDED:
Windows 7
Processor: Quad Core Processor
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Check out The Forest on Steam

Credits:
Art: @Wish | Writing: @gabby Martin Martin | Editor: webby webby | Interviewer: @b t | Contributors: @Godzilla @Gabe @gabby Martin Martin heidi heidi P Power_Outlet @TurtleNine
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check EdgeGamers out on Social Media:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |
YouTube
looks pretty cool

out of everyone you interviewd, you didnt interview the guy who used to speed run it ZzZzZ 5/5 great first play, 3/5 after you've beaten the game unless your playing with friends

The maximum experience able to be collected is to low for the later levels. I think the max
should be lifted fro everyone, or slowly go up depending on what level you are
- How long it takes to level up is just stupid. It was good for the first few levels then it feels like there is a massive jump in time. VidMate app bluestacks 3 spice money login

Last edited:
Back