Security and You!

securityandyou.png

Security and You!

Howdy Folks! It's your local leadership team here with some new important information about the security breach.

Recently a very popular video game live-streaming site (known as Twitch) had a breach of their security, with this breach all passwords have been compromised and released to the public.

That means if you commonly utilize your password on multiple websites, there may be an attempt to gain access to your other accounts. In an attempt to keep all of your property and games safe, we HIGHLY recommend that you start changing your passwords for any site that was shared with Twitch.

Multiple websites offer programs that will assist with this process and automatically generate complex passwords for you to utilize on all platforms.

Here are just a few we recommend.

1. ) Bitwarden - https://bitwarden.com/

2. ) Padloc - https://padloc.app/

Stay safe out there!

Writing & Art: @aidan
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check EdgeGamers out on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |
YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaden

I'm unoriginal.
Manager
aidan

OogaBooga

Join Media
Manager
Thank you for this information I'll start changing my passwords now

Nik

They/Them
=(eGO)=
For further clarity, AFAIK the passwords were not stored as plain-text so at least the most they have is a password hash, however those can usually be easily broken with various types of attacks so it's still a good idea to change your passwords if you shared any.

Bobbb

=(eGO)=
For further clarity, AFAIK the passwords were not stored as plain-text so at least the most they have is a password hash, however those can usually be easily broken with various types of attacks so it's still a good idea to change your passwords if you shared any.

For further further clarity, AFAIK passwords were not part of the leak, however it's still a good idea to change your password just in case.

Also here's a WeirdChamp for twitch devs
1633556145851.png

4g0tt3nSou1

All you had to do was follow the D*** Train, CJ
=(eGO)=
There WAS some plaintext passwords, not many, and no leak of 2FA, according to Business Insider. The situation is still developing. Even if passwords were not leaked, better safe than sorry

TinyMuffinLord

=(eGO)=
Glad you posted! I'm big on password security so I had a reason to increase the security of my password