Game Overview: Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine header copy.png

Game Overview: Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine is the newest horror game developed and published by Valko Games Studios, an indie game development studio. It was released on steam on October 28th, 2021. You can pick up the game on steam for $10.00. This can be played solo, but it is highly encouraged to play with friends, co-op up to 4 players online.

STORY
Labyrinthine is a horror game that sets you in Happisburg Hedge Maze, you must maneuver through corridors and solve difficult puzzles, all while monsters are chasing you down. Monsters are never the same and have tons of different appearances and jump scares. As you progress and level, new monsters and maps come along with you. There is also a wide variety of cosmetics that you can find and use. After you play this, you may never want to step into a hedge maze again.

GAMEPLAY
You and up to three friends must traverse through a spooky and abandoned Happisburgh hedge maze, solving puzzles and uncovering the mysteries that lie within. You occasionally find tapes that give you hints on what happened previously in this maze. all while having one sole purpose of escaping the maze, but be careful of the monsters that lurk within.

INTERVIEWS
Karma - 4/5:
it's a pretty fun and interesting survival horror game, fun to play within a group of friends and the proximity chat makes it so much more fun. I’d recommend.

Erk - 4/5:
Honestly the game is one of the few games to really nail a spooky atmosphere and get your heart racing. The killers are all really unique through the different areas and you have to stay on your toes to dodge them all.

I Can't Carry - 3/5:
Overall it is a decent game I wouldn’t play alone but would play with some friends, if you are looking for something to get your heart racing, it does! But there are definitely better scary games out there.

Heidi - 5/5:
I highly recommend playing the game if you love puzzles. Pro tip: Play with infinite life’s!!

Jynx - 2.5/5:
Although I understand the game is from an indie developer, the game feels very unfinished. While the atmosphere feels very static and inorganic, I will give credit where credit is due and will say that the moments where you are interacting with the monster can be intense sometimes, especially when playing with friends. Otherwise, it was pretty boring and somewhat predictable.

REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Windows 7 - 64bit
Processor: Intel i5 or AMD Equivalent
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI HD7900 series or Nvidia Equivalent.
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 3 GB available space
Additional Notes: Please note, this is the lowest tested hardware that could run the game on medium without frame drops. Other cards may work but results will vary. Integrated graphics do not run the game.

RECOMMENDED:
Windows 10 - 64bit
Processor: Intel i7 or AMD Equivalent
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 1060 3GB or Equivalent.
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 5 GB available space

Check out Labyrinthine on Steam

Credits:
Art:
@december | Writing: @Snowy @Martin | Editor: @Erk | Interviewer: @I cant carry | Contributors: @Erk @heidi @Jynx @Karma @I cant carry
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check EdgeGamers out on Social Media:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |
YouTube

Daddy Succ

Succ
=(eGO)=
I played this game probably 6 months ago with 3 friends and had an amazing time. While what the others have said is true, it’s clearly early in the development stage, it’s a blast to play with friends and work through the puzzles / mazes all while worrying about the monster(s). Recently, they’ve added a randomized style game mode and are working on another chapter for the story.

For the price, I’d give it a chance!

heidi

Mindless Self Indulgence
Senior Manager
definitely, some fun moments to have with friends on this game. it is a bit more difficult now, with limited amounts of lives (you can change it). so if people are interested in something a little more difficult, it definitely can be.