Game Overview: Back 4 Blood

back4blood.png

Game Overview: Back 4 Blood

Back 4 Blood is a 4 player co-op game developed by Turtle Rock Studios. The game costs $59.99 on all available platforms (PC, Xbox, Playstation). The game features a card system that makes each run different from various enemy and level modifiers to perks and bonuses for your own character. It is fairly difficult even for veterans of the genre. There are 8 cleaners to choose from each with their own unique dialogue in levels and plenty of guns to try out and find what you like best.

STORY
The story is an interesting take on the genre. The world is completely overrun by infected and mutated humans that are hosts to "The Devil Worm" parasite. Instead of having a group of rag-tag survivors just trying to scrape by you are a team of "professional" cleaners who's job it is to clear out areas of Ridden and create a safe living space for the remaining survivors.

GAMEPLAY
Back 4 Blood is an exciting multiplayer first-person shooter, made by the same creators of the Left 4 Dead franchise.
It is up to you and your friends to fight the enemies, destroy the Ridden, and reclaim the world. You are able to choose
from 8 customizable Cleaners, and a range of lethal weapons and items. Play with or against friends in PVP by switching
between playing as a Cleaner or the Ridden, each with unique weapons, perks, and specialties.

INTERVIEWS

I played the beta of the game and it seems more than worth picking up. The graphics look great and the environment is detailed. If you like L4D2 then you will like this game. I wouldn't recommend it if you aren't interested in games with violence, or gore. If you are fine with that sorta' stuff then you will enjoy it. - Heidi
★★★★★
5/5 stars

I personally liked the pace of the game, it was very different from other games however very enjoyable to play. Would 100% recommend this game to my friends. - 1rish
★★★★☆
4/5 stars

Quite a good game if you are good at shooters, the difficulty is balanced to a point where you can enjoy the game and have enough pushback to keep you on your toes. What stood out was the nostalgia that it brings from Left 4 Dead. - Jayy
★★★★☆
4/5 stars

Back 4 Blood is a spiritual successor to the Left 4 Dead franchise, made by the same development team that made that franchise. If you loved Left 4 Dead, you'll love this game. However, if you're looking for new, exciting content, you might want to wait on buying until the new stuff is added. But if you missed shooting zombies while progressing through a difficult environment, pulling the trigger on it never felt so good. - Kuantum
★★★☆☆
3/5 stars

REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600 (3.3 GHz) OR AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (3.4 GHz)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OR AMD Radeon RX 570
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 40 GB available space
Additional Notes: 1080p / 60fps / Low Quality

RECOMMENDED
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 (2.8 GHz) OR AMD Ryzen 7 1800X (3.6 GHz)
Memory: 12 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 OR AMD Radeon RX 590
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 40 GB available space
Additional Notes: 1080p / 60fps / High Quality

Check out Back 4 Blood on Steam

Credits:
Art:
@heidi | Writing: @Katiee @Nik | Editor: @Erk | Interviewer: @Psych | Contributors: @Jayy @1rish @kuantum @heidi

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check EdgeGamers out on Social Media:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

Last edited:

Immaculate

Don't worry, be happy!
=(eGO)=
I was really disappointed in the game. I thought it lacked the keys that made Left4Dead the brilliant model that all following zombie games wanted to beat. I found it lacked humor and wit, all of the maps were overly dark, the specials were not so special and even worse the game wasn't intuitive. I waited 11 years for a follow up to L4D and clearly this wasn't it. I think you have to be younger or never really played L4D to enjoy Back4Blood. For those of us who were so taken by the standard that Left4Dead started and maintained this will be a bit of a disappointment, and certainly not a follow up game. In and of itself it's not a bad game but it's nowhere near in the class that we expected. Right now the L4D servers have gone near empty as we rushed to play B4B but I expect sooner than later all will return to the servers as this game will not hold attention of a very spoiled community. If you loved Left4Dead I don't believe you'll automatically love Back4Blood. I wish I could give someone my copy.

2.5 stars from me.

Last edited: