Bad Company 2 Battlefield BFBC2 Heavy Metal guide

Major Trubble

Thread Thumper
=(eGO)=
this turns into science :D

i'm looking forward to at4 tips! there is not much info, how others use it. few months back, i put all my knowledge about it in here..

By far one of the best points you mentioned for the AT4 is to " shoot where you think the target will be when your rocket gets to where your target will be by the time the rocket gets there " , once someone told me this when I was trying to learn to shoot the AT4 it totally changed the outcome of my shots .

Excellent tutorial XM_M8 . I use the tank/rocket/tank shots all the time , the tank is reloaded when you get back in .

Last edited:

Major Trubble

Thread Thumper
=(eGO)=
this turns into science :D

i'm looking forward to at4 tips! there is not much info, how others use it. few months back, i put all my knowledge about it in here..

Doing the " blind shots " on helis is very gratifying , shooting a heli down when it is behind a hill like you demonstrated at the end of your video , and at the Vads hill , love doing those shots .

Pliny The Middle Child

I made one post
Login in at the EA.com site did nothing for me starting BFBC2 , had to try approx. 5 times before getting in .
Well, it's anecdotal, but I swear by it now. There are some other fellows who have had equal success. Thanks for giving it a shot.

It seems that you need to give it a minute or two before you start the game. I logon to ea.com, give myself a good stretch and twist one, then I start up the game. If the game is already running when you log into ea, success is low.

Major Trubble

Thread Thumper
=(eGO)=
Well, it's anecdotal, but I swear by it now. There are some other fellows who have had equal success. Thanks for giving it a shot.

It seems that you need to give it a minute or two before you start the game. I logon to ea.com, give myself a good stretch and twist one, then I start up the game. If the game is already running when you log into ea, success is low.
Ok , will try waiting a bit longer , I usually have pretty good luck if I just open the game , wait approx. 30 secs , click " login " , then wait another 5 secs , click the next prompt , wait another 5 secs , click the next prompt , using a different soldier name every time I log in also seems to help at times , if I cannot login that is what I do and usually get in 1st try .

Major Trubble

Thread Thumper
=(eGO)=
You guys might want to try this also , I find it makes a difference for me , so go ahead and try it , if you think it does not work it is really easy to change back .

Open your BFBC2 folder in My Documents and toward bottom there is a file named Settings.ini , open that and edit , add the 2 lines below FOV .

Fov=70
SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.060000
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 060

When looking at server list before joining look at the ping number and change the 1st three numbers to the same amount , in the 1st line it is the 1st three numbers after the decimal point . The 2 lines go below the FOV setting , which I run at 70 .

The 060 number is usually what the ping is for me for our server , before I join , in server list .
On the Europe servers I go to that number in usually around 156 .

Fov=70
SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.156000
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 156

Major Trubble

Thread Thumper
=(eGO)=
The edit allows for latency adjustment on different servers , in other words instead of shooting behind the enemy all the time when they are moving it adjusts the latency ( lag ) to match that of the server you are on and you basically actually shoot where you are aiming . You have to adjust the settings depending on the ping before you log onto the server , but I actually set mine at a certain value and it seems to work well for every server I go on , probably because the ping is actually fairly similar .

Last edited: