Game Overview: Halo Infinite

Halo_Game_Overview.png

Game Overview: Halo Infinite - December 30th 2021

Halo Infinite is a first person shooter developed by 343 Industries and published by Xbox Game Studios. The game was released on PC, Xbox One, and the Xbox Series X+S on December 8th, 2021. The game features an expansive free-to-play multiplayer mode, with the single player campaign costing $59.99.

STORY
Halo Infinite takes place after the events of Halo 5. The player plays as the franchise’s main character, Master Chief, as he must fight against the Banished. The game takes place on the Forerunner ringworld Installation 07, also known as Zeta Halo, and the player’s main mission is to neutralize the character known as Cortana.

GAMEPLAY​

Multiplayer will pit you in teams of 4 or 12 for Big Team Battle to fight it out in one of many of Halo's classic game modes. You'll find a variety of weapons on the map with certain power weapons spawning in after a short delay. The game modes that you will get vary from playlist to playlist, but at the moment the modes available are.
Slayer
Capture the Flag
One Flag CTF
Stockpile
Oddball
Total Control
Strongholds
Fiesta

The game currently has the following "playlists" to choose from when playing multiplayer:
Quick Play
Bot Bootcamp
Big Team Battle
Fiesta
FFA Slayer
Tactical Slayer (SWAT)
Team Slayer
Ranked Arena

COMMUNITY INTERVIEWS

Interviewee 1: Kuantum

The campaign is worth every single penny plus your physical wallet. The amount of effort put into the campaign is simply top-notch. It is a must-play if you don't mind cosmetics and really look forward to gameplay mechanics however, multiplayer is a good play too the problem is outside the actual gameplay. The battle pass is there but the grind is real. You don't feel like you're progressing and it feels like a real chore to get through the pass. Lastly, the store itself is obscenely a cash grab.
★★★★☆
4/5 stars

Interviewee 2: bt
The graphics, gameplay, and movement all felt like they had improved tremendously from previous Halos. The good parts of the game come from the developer's understanding of their audience. Big team fights, deathmatches, and capture the flag among others are consistent with Halo and gave me nostalgia. However, the game is really demanding on your PC. Also, the challenges, since you get a lot of people not playing the objectives and instead of playing to complete challenges.
★★★★☆
4/5 stars

Interviewee 3: Choorda
My first impression of Halo Infinite was great, I loved the graphics and also love the competitive ranked side of it. The good things about the game are the game modes, they are very fun. I enjoy the 4v4 the most because it doesn't get too crazy in-game. What I would say is bad about the game is that the elo that you gain or lose for each game isn't very good at this point, also they need to work on the hitboxes a little more because sometimes hits don't register.
★★★★☆
4/5 stars

Interviewee 4: MSWS
Haven't played it much however I think Halo Infinite simplified combat and gunplay a little too much. The multiplayer could be fun with friends but otherwise fun to play. However, I still prefer Counter-Strike though!
★★☆☆☆
2/5 stars

REQUIREMENTS​

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel i5-4440
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD RX 570 or Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 50 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i7-9700k
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 50 GB available space

Get Halo Infinite on Steam!

Credits:
Art: @Bluelava101 | Writing: Jynx Jynx + @Nik | Interviewer: Psych Psych
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check EdgeGamers out on Social Media:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |
YouTube

bt: you get a lot of people not playing the objectives and instead of playing to complete challenges.

This seems to be an issue on objective maps in most MP games. I think just fixing the points system would help. I've had 10x the objective and place second with 1 less kill.... :rolleyes:

Thank everyone for the reviews! Considering it but my machine is struggling.

Back