Game Overview: Elden Ring

eldenring 1.png

Game Overview: Elden Ring

Elden Ring is an open world action based MMORPG developed by FromSoftware in collaboration with George R. R. Martin. It was released on Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation with the base game starting at $59.99

STORY

In Elden Ring the player has quite a bit of options in the means of customization from the appearance of your character you can also combine different pieces of armor, weapons, and magic suiting to you! There are at least six different endings to Elden Ring that are all based on how you encounter NPC's and progress with the story. The game is set in a fictional land called the Lands Between, the player will get to know it as a desolate and deadly land occupied by an undead army and creatures however it wasn't always like that. You must fulfill your destiny by serving Queen Marika to seek out fragments of the Elden Ring to restore its power.

GAMEPLAY

Elden ring is a new fun multiplayer/singleplayer game. With the multiplayer aspect you are able to fight bosses or any other soldiers you can get your hands on. As the 'Host of Fingers' you can lead your team into battle, mowing over anything that gets in your way.

COMMUNITY INTERVIEWS
Moyye:

Honestly, I don't pay attention to the storyline at all. I hear the NPC talk but I just like seeing my stats increase.. I'm still in my first run but I'm doing it with no armor and just doing a pure strength build (with some endurance) to be able to dual wield 2 colossal swords and it's going quite well. The graphics are phenomenal. I personally am having a lot of fun playing it even though I've hardly ever touched a souls-like game. I’d rate the game 4.75/5 for now. Praying they fix the random FPS drops.

Summary:
Rating 4.75
Pros: Ability to create my own story, graphics are phenomenal.
Cons: Fix random FPS drops

Bakr:
Elden Ring is my first souls game if you exclude Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, so it's fairly difficult for me. I love how open and big the world is cause it gives emphasis on exploring and finding your own story line. There is a main storyline, but anyone can ignore it and come back to it later without a second thought. The story itself is kinda meh but that may be due to me not following it strictly and focused on leveling my stats and weapons up. The graphics are amazing and the scenery is beautiful. There are hundreds, maybe even thousands of combinations that make the game more inclusive to the player themselves as they can choose their own style of combat. The bosses are insane and most of the major weapons are obtained from defeating these bosses. Overall 5 stars (so far).

Summary:
Rating: 5 stars(so far)
Pros: Amazing graphics and exploration options. Combat styles
Cons: Skill-gap

Timoxi:
5stars hands down. The visuals are no top tier compared to modern games but they focus on lore and details that make you drop your jaw. It has it all. It is a huge game so expect to dedicate a lot of time to it. You can do other stuff and it might make your story even if it is as hard as you want it to be. You can do a boss with a horse and it will be easier or you can do it on foot and it might be harder. the game offers so many spells powers weapon spirits you can summon There are many bosses As for the negatives, other than frame dips or crashes here and there. You feel like exploring a whole new world hidden in the game gave you rewards

Summary:
Rating: 5 stars hands down
Pros: Visuals, lore, Horses and spells
Cons: FPS issues

Bulba:
So Elden ring, it's a great game, the graphics are astonishing, There's dragons, troll, hybrids, ghosts, skeletons, weird dogs that for some reason won't let you live It is playable on keyboard and mouse, but for the absolute best experience if you have a controller and is good with it use it. Other than that mechanics are great it's clear what you need to do. The bosses are insanely difficult. So if you get the game, don't try to defeat the first main boss until you have leveled up substantially and learned the game. For a game that has been out for only a few days, I have not encountered any major bugs, and so do most players. There's almost no big bugs, and if you encounter big game breaking bugs, help from Software studios is going to try to fix it ASAP. I am enjoying playing this game a lot. And the second you actually start to understand the game you love it from your heart. To be frank this game is a 4.9/5 just because at this time there is no better rpg action game. nevertheless it's the closest thing out there to perfection.

Summary:
Rating: 4.9/5 stars
Pros: Incredible amount of mobs, Always being updated, Top-Tier game
Cons: The software studio is ASAP ROCKY on the issues so none

REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:

Processor: INTEL CORE I5-8400 or AMD RYZEN 3 3300X
Memory: 12 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 3 GB or AMD RADEON RX 580 4 GB
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 60 GB available space
Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: INTEL CORE I7-8700K or AMD RYZEN 5 3600X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 8 GB or AMD RADEON RX VEGA 56 8 GB
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 60 GB available space
Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device

Get Elden Ring on Steam!

Credits:
Art:
Psych Psych | Writing: @Sister @Katiee | Interviewer: whnheaven whnheaven
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check EdgeGamers out on Social Media:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |
YouTube

This is one of my favorite games so far as of 2022. I’ve played dark souls over and over and over and even got to the point to where I would have people summon me when they get to a boss they couldn’t beat.

I’m very happy we’ve covered this game in a review. 10/10 article, great work!

Back