Help with joining Minecraft server.

Ric

A Token of Malice
Manager
I'm not sure if this qualifies for the bug desk/tech desk because this isn't a bug or a technical issue, it's user error. Last time I played Minecraft years ago, there wasn't 2 Minecrafts, aka Minecraft Java and Minecraft Windows 10. I asked them(Leadership) to wipe my MAUL because I did not merge my Minecraft account in time and lost it, which is fine, I can re buy it. When I attempted to re buy it, Windows told me I already purchased it and loaded this version of Minecraft, which I think is Minecraft Windows 10. When I attempted to add eGO's server, it does not allow me to connect, just states "Unable to connect to world." Do I need to also purchase the other version of Minecraft to be able to play? I'm interested in the recent Zombie release. I've attached a screenshot showing the information I have in when I attempted to connect. Thanks for helping.

Untitled.png

Ric Ric
Yes, you're currently on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, while the server operates on Java edition. However, I do not believe you need to rebuy the game just because you didn't merge in time. Try using this link to download the launcher, and merge your account when given the chance.

Note: The minecraft website is like really awful, so it may take you some digging to find the correct download. Someone other than me can probably assist you further should you need more help

Last edited:
Reactions: Ric
Ric Ric tacking on to what Skle said,

If you need further assistance I'd recommend to join the Minecraft Discord.

There is always people in the voice channels willing to help, and if there aren't any players available feel free to ping our leadership team and we can help set you up on the server.

I think it's your version of Minecraft. You have Windows Edition, and the server is probably running on Java Edition. That's why I deleted my version of Minecraft back in the day. I always had problems playing with my friends on the same server

Yeah, that was the issue. I appreciate the help! :)

Back