Game Overview: Grand Theft Auto V

GTA5_GameOverview-01.png

Game Overview: Grand Theft Auto V

Grand Theft Auto V is an open-world game that includes a campaign and a multiplayer. Located in Los Santos you can experience GTA5 on your own with an action-packed story or head over to multiplayer with a created character and cause mayhem over there if you like that type of gameplay. Even though the game came out on September 17, 2013, it has been receiving updates for the past 8+ years that add content to the multiplayer segment to try and keep things fresh. The game also has a great modding community behind it that has a ton of content for it if you have the PC version. The mods include custom characters, cars, and weapons. Mods also allow players to create an RP environment and Roleplay characters to reenact a city as there are a vast of different opportunities with custom jobs and characters to choose from. You should definitely check out our RP FiveM server which offers a great Roleplaying experience.

Grand Theft Auto V is available on pretty much every platform for a base price of $30.

STORY​

The game starts off in 2004, Michael Townley, Trevor Philips, and Brad Snider partake in a failed robbery in Ludendorff, North Yankton, resulting in Brad and Michael being presumed dead. Trevor ended up escaping the Heist alive. Nine years later, Michael actually faked his death and lives with his family in the city of Los Santos under the alias Michael De Santa, having made a secret agreement with the Federal Investigation Bureau (FIB) agent Dave Norton to stay hidden. Across town, gangster Franklin Clinton is working for a corrupt car salesman and meets Michael while attempting to fraudulently reprocess his son's car. The two later become friends. When Michael finds his wife sleeping with her tennis coach, he and Franklin chase the coach to a mansion, which Michael destroys in anger. The owner of the mansion, drug lord Martin Madrazo, demands compensation. Michael returns to a life of crime to obtain the money, enlisting Franklin as an accomplice. With the help of Michael's old friend Lester Crest, a disabled hacker, they rob a jewelry store to pay off the debt. Meanwhile, Trevor, who lives in squalor on the outskirts of Los Santos, hears of the heist and realizes it was Michael's work; Trevor had believed Michael was killed in the Ludendorff heist. Trevor finds Michael and reunites with him, forcing Michael to reluctantly accept him back into his life. The 3 continue to take on Heists after Michael and Trevor reunite.

GAMEPLAY

Grand Theft Auto V has the player running, driving, and flying throughout the city of Los Santos, inspired by the real location of Los Angeles. Explore this expansive city by yourself in single-player as one of the three main protagonists in the campaign, or as a custom-made character in the online multiplayer. There is a gigantic amount of content to be seen in this game. Race using a collection of over hundreds of vehicles that can be modded, or practice your shooting skills using a multitude of weapons that can be customized to your choosing. The fun doesn't stop there, as you can put on your suit and tie and become the owner of various clubs and businesses to really make that money. This list alone doesn't even cover the amount of fun you can have by yourself or with a handful of friends as you explore the ins and outs that surround the city of Los Santos. Will you choose a life of crime to make your way to the top?

COMMUNITY INTERVIEWS
Chicken Noodle Soup:
I've been playing GTA since about 2015, and joined the RP server and started roleplaying in early 2018. My favorite character from GTA 5 story mode is Franklin just because of his driving ability, and he just seems like a cool guy. GTA 5 is just a fun game overall, but I love the roleplay because you get to meet new people and come together and roleplay out fun scenarios.
Definitely 5 stars
★★★★★

Cryptic Strolski:

My first experience with GTA RP has been with edgegamers a couple years back now and I've been hooked ever since. FiveM allows me to hang out with friends and play video games as well as play a role of someone completely different from me (kind of lol) in it's own universe.
It's the Edgegamers FiveM server that keeps me coming back. The dedication the team puts into providing an atmosphere where we can all have fun and express our characters is one that I couldn't imagine finding elsewhere to be honest. I always feel at home here.
GTA 5...meh. Edgegamers FiveM server...5 stars.
★★★★★

Typical:
I have been playing Grand Theft Auto V off and on since 2013. I first heard about the game in eighth grade. The eGO FiveM server keeps me playing because of the friendships and fun that I have made along the way. GTA V is one of the best online open-world multiplayer games. There is plenty of content, and the FiveM aspect is like playing a new game.
5 stars
★★★★★

Tyron:

(Favorite character is) Trevor, to be honest, dude is just crazy wild and doesn't care at all. I don't play the campaign, I only keep coming back for the FiveM as it's rather enjoyable, I like being able to 'jump into another persona' especially when I get to do actual voices. If you enjoy the RP aspect that comes with FiveM even those who are not into gaming much can find quite some enjoyment out of it. Hell my wife who I have been trying to get into gaming for years finally has and that's due to GTA5 and the FiveM server now we play pretty much every night together.
4.5 stars
★★★★☆

AtomicSpaceViking:

I've been playing normal GTA5 since it launched back in 2013, but GTA5 RP since May 15 2021. It's arguably the most chaotic sandbox style game I've ever played. Where else are you gonna find a bunch of psychotically unhinged criminals with access to military equipment?
4.5 stars
★★★★☆

coopa:

I have played for about 2 years I heard about GTA 5 roleplay form Aidan. The people and the community that the place i am in keeps me staying and the nice people and helpful thing they can do to help me out. I recommend GTA 5 roleplay. For a lot of people it is a place where you can roleplay and do whatever you want and have fun and be a cop or be a dog or a civ there is a lot of things you can do in roleplay and have fun.
5 stars
★★★★★

REQUIREMENTS

Minimum:
OS: Windows 10 64 Bits, Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor
Memory: 4 GB Ram
Video: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1 GB
Storage: 72 GB Available Space

Recommended:
OS: Windows 10 64 Bits, Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 / AMD X8 FX-8350
Memory: 8 GB Ram
Video: NVIDIA GTX 660 2 GB / AMD HD 7870 2 GB
Storage: 72 GB Available Space

Get GTAV on Steam!

What game do you want to see next? Comment below!

Credits:
Art: @Bluelava101 | Writing: Cinnamon Toast Cinnamon Toast @Thorium | Interviewer: @Immaculate
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check EdgeGamers out on Social Media:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |
YouTube

Last edited:
fun game try not to touch online unless with friends, too many modders D:
fiveM is fun tho, try it out

Yeah, if you don’t have GTA V, what are you doing? Get it, come play with us on FiveM also!

Back