New special day

Should we add a capture the flag as a special day?

• Yes

• No

• Add a trial and error period to see if it works

• Total voters

Spooker

Rookie
=(e)=
The special days for wardens is quite limited currently with the same few special days being called every single time we have a special day so I have a request to add Capture the Flag as a special day to mix up the variety of special days. I believe that Capture the flag has an opportunity to be the best special day

Capture the Flag has been discussed and debated on a fair few times before. Pretty much everyone agrees it would be extremely fun, but the logistics of balancing and implementing it remained the main obstacles to it being implemented.

Capture the Flag has been discussed and debated on a fair few times before. Pretty much everyone agrees it would be extremely fun, but the logistics of balancing and implementing it remained the main obstacles to it being implemented.
Can't you do something similar to last guard where the amount of T's determines the amount of HP the CT's can have. Like if there are 30 T's to 10 CT's then the CT's have 300 HP each. Count up the HP of all the T's, add it together and divide it by the # of CT's?

The main concern was regarding the placement of the flags if I remember correctly. Manually setting the flag placements for every map won't work, random positions is tough, CT & T spawns may not work well, letting CTs define it likely won't work well, etc

I don't like special days in general, I think they're mediocre and aren't fun in general.

If anything I think time should be spent improving the current special days instead of coming up with more of them.

Quality over quantity.

I don't like special days in general, I think they're mediocre and aren't fun in general.

If anything I think time should be spent improving the current special days instead of coming up with more of them.

Quality over quantity.
This is where youā€™re in the minority though. Thereā€™s at least one special day liked by 90% of the community. Now Iā€™m probably in the minority in thinking the current special days we have are fine excluding a few tweaks I think we should make to HNS and Gun Game, but I still think more variety would be nice.

Sounds fun. Although I would bet some maps layout could make it like a warday almost how I'm imagining this would work.

Back