Worst Computer owned?

Deleted User 6Je8q9

[Error loading custom title]
What is the WORST computer you have ever played games on? I used to play on Garry's Mod on an old computer my uncle gave me. It had DDR 3 RAM in it, an old ass iGPU from 2011, and I was running on 10 fps on gmod on community servers.

We used to run Runescape on school computers with 64MB of RAM and single core, 800mhz processors. Definitely not the best experience.... but good enough for skilling. To be fair, it was 2005/2006 and schools mostly had awful computers at the time.

Last edited:
We used to run Runescape on school computers with 64MB of RAM and single core, 800mhz processors. Definitely not the best experience.... but good enough for skilling. To be fair, it was 2005/2006 and schools mostly had awful computers at the time.
It sounds like a fun experience, but I bet the PC can KILL at ZORK.

My first computer I ever owned was a hammy down given from my sister when I was a young kid. It was a HP Pavilion, I'm not even sure if they still make those.

It's what got me into computers. Every time you turned it off, it would not turn back on immediately. When you tried, it would make a "BANG" noise, similar to a firework and turn back off. You had to wait 30 minutes for it to turn back on. Later on in life when I learned how to fix stuff, I discovered it was the power supply.

My first computer I ever owned was a hammy down given from my sister when I was a young kid. It was a HP Pavilion, I'm not even sure if they still make those.

It's what got me into computers. Every time you turned it off, it would not turn back on immediately. When you tried, it would make a "BANG" noise, similar to a firework and turn back off. You had to wait 30 minutes for it to turn back on. Later on in life when I learned how to fix stuff, I discovered it was the power supply.
HP loves to cheap out on their power supplies. This sounds like an awful experience.

HP loves to cheap out on their power supplies. This sounds like an awful experience.
This is sort of a blanket statement that I suspect isn't necessarily true;

Reality was more that, most OEM manufacturers used proprietary power supplies that fit the expected wattage and weren't expected to do anything more than that.

Knowing Ric Ric , i suspect this computer was from many eons ago ;) Apparently the "Pavilion" line has been going for 27 years now. I remember a friend getting one in the early 2000s... think it was this model

1656525688739.png

Last edited:

Reality was more that, most OEM manufacturers used proprietary power supplies that fit the expected wattage and weren't expected to do anything more than that.

Knowing Ric Ric , i suspect this computer was from many eons ago ;) Apparently the "Pavilion" line has been going for 27 years now. I remember a friend getting one in the early 2000s... think it was this model

View attachment 13048
I got a prebuilt of there pavlion gaming tower models, and It got a 1660ti and they gave me a bronze 400 watt power supply, I had to ask Micro Center support because HP doesn't list this publically.

Last edited:

View attachment 13048

Yeah. That just brought back memories. The one I was given was the older module and it was all black that I remember upgrading from Windows 95 to Windows 98 to Windows 98 SE. Damn, you really making me feel old @simon.

View attachment 13048
thats brings back so much memories lol. I remember when i had windows 7 and ram was about 60 gb some like that and the only game i would play was css and gta san andreas but the graphics were so bad and render resolution was awful as well but i still had fun on css so much

minecraft redstone computer that could only do addition between 1-4

I started out with a pretty luxurious build when I was younger. Q6600 Core 2 Quad, BFG 7950GT, 4GB of DDR2, Zalman CPU Cooler, SoundBlaster sound card, Cooler Master CM690 case. This would have been in 2007 sometime. Got the money from playing Counter Strike tournaments at 2 LAN Centers near Chicago.

Back then, this was overkill for CS 1.6, and that's 90% of what it was used for until I did another build in 2009 or 2010.

Core 2 duo, 8gb ram, and a 750ti

By all means not the worst computer ever, but forget playing a game and running discord. Csgo would barely launch and hit like 50 fps

(This was 3 years ago)

Last edited:
Before any of us (siblings and I) received our own laptops for PC gaming, we would have to share an old, thick brick of a laptop. It was a Compaq NC6000, circa 2004 lol. We used to play RuneScape on this bad boy; thing was so old that audio didn't work on it (although thinking on it now, could've easily been audio drivers that my kid brain didn't even comprehend at the time)

We had another Compaq laptop, arguable worse than this one (more recent, 2006?) because it would always freeze up. Ironically, my brothers and I would argue over this hunk of junk as opposed to the "newer" one that froze a lot.

EDIT: Oh hey, I totally didn't see the date on this thread wow. Sorry if that irks anyone, whoops. I was browsing for threads that seemed interesting X)
34-157-741-02.jpg

DeadAimGunCon DeadAimGunCon It seems that you and many others here have been held hostage by inferior machines, struggling to enjoy your games. Yet, as an Agent of the Matrix, I can tell you that you could have used your time more effectively honing your skills in other, more suitable areas. Nonetheless, now you have the opportunity to upgrade and evolve, much like the Matrix itself.

DeadAimGunCon DeadAimGunCon It seems that you and many others here have been held hostage by inferior machines, struggling to enjoy your games. Yet, as an Agent of the Matrix, I can tell you that you could have used your time more effectively honing your skills in other, more suitable areas. Nonetheless, now you have the opportunity to upgrade and evolve, much like the Matrix itself.
Leave him alone :(

I actually meant to post in the other thread, titled along the lines of "Current desktop/rig"; I'm actually quite impressed with my current setup if I say so myself :cool: need pics though for ultimate flex points (kidding). Admittedly, it did take some time to save up for a high-quality desktop.

ALSO, I don't know why I thought you were an AI at first bahaha. I'm sure you're human; honestly hilarious RP you have going on, lmao.

Last edited:
Back