CS Jailbreak Maybe we have too many admins?

To the non-admins reading this, If you've ever been free killed or RDM'd, saw over 10 admins online, and didn't get a response from admin chat, the admins online get no reward to stop their game and solve your problem. They don't get enough for helping you and they don't lose enough for not.

A minimum amount of hours of server activity every month could be that incentive. If an admin doesn't play enough, he/she can be honorably discharged from being an admin.

Hey! I'd like to real quick jump in and offer another perspective on this. I am a Team Fortress 2 admin. Our numbers are a lot smaller than the CS admin numbers. Additionally, the game that we play is a bit more consistent in terms of gamemode than the CS:GO servers. We only have Team DeathMatch servers while there are many different types of game modes found in our CS servers. This leads to more burnouts... doing similar things over and over has that tendency. TF2 admins come and go pretty often and occasionally a Legacy Admin (Old timers haha) will log on and it's a great time... they behave like military vets with their great stories, reminiscing, and recognising other old timers. Usually, the Legacy Admins won't admin unless there are no other admins online... they got on to play, they know they're admins and will admin if they need to, but they usually defer to "younger" admins. With the rise and fall of TF2 participation, it would be unfair to set requirements on play time for admins... especially if it's a hard line that can be barely missed. If you implement this with CS:GO, it would have to be implemented across the board.
We, the TF2 admins, do not have near as much of an issue with ignored reports or complaints as (according to your claim) CS:GO does. It's just the way the game is run. Implementing requirements to fix this as a problem community wide would be unfair to the other game admins. To fix this, training needs to be improved.

Something else you mentioned was a lack of incentive. I don't know about others, but I am still inspired to perform my duties as an admin to the best of my ability for a few reasons:
  • With the addition of Advisor position, a promotion for an O level admin is not entirely impossible
  • Doing your job looks good on the community, which I care about and want to see more members join
  • If I do my job well here, in my home game, I will be more likely accepted into other groups for admins such as Member Services (Which did happen)

A final thing of note. I have played CS:GO a few times but I am pretty bad at it. I didn't know what TTT was and a few of my eGO friends were hyping it up so I decided to check it out. I logged in and someone reported a player for RDM. As I am a TF2 admin, I didn't know what impact that had, how to deal with it, or really what it was in the context of the game. I simply used the announce feature to basically say this:
"Hey guys, I am a TF2 admin and wanted to check out TTT. Please pretend that I am not an admin because I haven't been trained to admin this server. If there is a major issue that needs to be fixed, I can go get a TTT admin, but I shouldn't act on anything I don't know how to admin" (Of course, I can still act on things like slurs... but I can't act on Mass RDM or hacking because I don't know enough about them. If we were to change anything, I would suggest that as a part of training, all admins are told to do something like this. e.g. if you play another game or server (In CS:GO's case) that you haven't been trained to admin, say something like that and be willing to fetch an admin if needed. Some (Not much) of this "ignoring" you may be getting could be because of this.

That is all. I know it hasn't been dead for too long but sorry to necro this 🤪

~Scar

Latest posts

Back