Not Planned remove #leadership discord channel

heidi

Mindless Self Indulgence
=(eGO)=
https://discord.com/channels/161245089774043136/934863536453189734 <--- My suggestion is for this Discord channel to be removed.

The goal of the channel is to inform people about who is Leadership within eGO, but it fails at just that. It will always be out of date, due to a few reasons:

• A far too limited number of people that can update it, like hell I can't even.
  • A gitlab ticket would need to be made every time it would need to be updated, which who are we kidding, no one is going to remember.
  • It's far too much effort, when we have a perfectly good link we could redirect them to: https://www.edgegamers.com/threads/378539/ . This is more likely to be updated because all Leadership can actually do that.
If we want we can just keep the channel, and link the roster. It looks insanely out of order, unprofessional, and it's just providing not credible information.

Upvote 9
We should put the power to update the roster into more hands, like CM and Server staff.

Last edited:
Ideally there would be a discord bot that automatically creates the embeds based of who has what ranks.

Might be doable via the MAUL API? Haven't seen it before tbh though. Is filtering supported?

Ideally there would be a discord bot that automatically creates the embeds based of who has what ranks.
That would be ideal.

Otherwise, +1. The leadership roster on the forums is edited when needed and LE have the ability to edit it.

tbh a lot of stuff gets out dated because no one updates it. Especially rosters happens a lot with the forums too....

tbh a lot of stuff gets out dated because no one updates it. Especially rosters happens a lot with the forums too....
Oh yeah. Before we had the ability to make "pages" and we only had a forum, when we got a new member of leadership or changed anything, we had to update it in like 5 places. same with specialty teams. It was brutal to hunt them all down.

Oh yeah. Before we had the ability to make "pages" and we only had a forum, when we got a new member of leadership or changed anything, we had to update it in like 5 places. same with specialty teams. It was brutal to hunt them all down.
Yeah just annoying lol

I dislike when we have a bunch of outdated stuff, it's useless if it doesn't serve its purpose to inform correctly. So I am in the same boat.

Might be doable via the MAUL API? Haven't seen it before tbh though. Is filtering supported?
If someone was willing to sit down and make it automated, that would be sick, - but we should get other things automated before a silly little roster on Discord.

I dislike when we have a bunch of outdated stuff, it's useless if it doesn't serve its purpose to inform correctly. So I am in the same boat.
Agreed! So annoying when I first started playing FiveM half the things were out of date lol. Pretty sure things are still out of date :/

+1 for players that might take a break and want to know who the current LE is check it "atleast I did when i got back" and it was very outdated. Would like to see this stay if more perms were given to edit the channel

To put it simply, this channel needs to either be Actively maintained and updated whenever the roster changes, or it needs to be eliminated.

Having a constantly outdated roster will only lead to confusion or worse.

Didn't even know we had that channel. Agree with you Luna, if it's not updated at least once a week or actively with a bot, it should be considered abandoned.
In addition to the initial suggestion, working off of what Simon said, we should try to centralize rosters that more than a handful of people have access to edit.

heidi heidi how would you feel about an channel that automatically updates, or is your main concern lack of utility

heidi heidi how would you feel about an channel that automatically updates, or is your main concern lack of utility
If someone has the ability to make it automatic, they get a gold star and a cookie from me, but in its current state, the channel is useless. I think a roster should just be linked in the meantime.

Back