New usb hub

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Hey all, so I just learned that my current usb hub is on its way to dying out. I originally thought that the usb cable failed on me, but when my replacement cable came in, I did some testing and learned that the usb port that the cable was in became defective. The good news is that the original cable does work, but I have to replace the usb hub itself. My question is does anyone here use a 3.0 usb hub by chance? Just want something that will last longer than a couple of years.

Hey all, so I just learned that my current usb hub is on its way to dying out. I originally thought that the usb cable failed on me, but when my replacement cable came in, I did some testing and learned that the usb port that the cable was in became defective. The good news is that the original cable does work, but I have to replace the usb hub itself. My question is does anyone here use a 3.0 usb hub by chance? Just want something that will last longer than a couple of years.
I don't know your budget or what features youre looking for, I personally can vouch for Anker and Corsair products, I have used them personally for work and home use for years and they have lasted.

Depending on how many devices and if this is a desktop, you could also get a PCI card with a couple ports (usually 4). They're quite cheap

Hey Simon while I do appreciate the idea, I would actually need a usb cable about 6 ft to be able to reach the devices, which would make the device rather useless since pretty much all devices come standard with a 3 ft cable.

Hey Kuantum, so I actually did find an Anker hub that I really like and will go after it, so thanks for the idea there. I actually have a few of their products and love the quality, so im sure that ill enjoy the hub just as much.

Back