Counter-Strike Custom Bomb Sounds

Moto Moto

=(eGO)=
I was thinking, what would be a cool thing to add to JB that could be an addition to either the gangs shop or through DS. I have no idea if it is possible but we already have custom bomb icons so why not add custom bomb sounds. Would be cool if you could select a bomb sound like you could do with bomb icons.

Upvote 4

MSWS

LOA - 9/9/22
Manager
In my opinion the jihad sound should be consistent and easily identifiable. It's important to be able to quickly figure out when, where, and what is going on. Having customizable sounds would lead to confusion and would probably provide some competitive advantages.

Moto Moto

=(eGO)=
In my opinion the jihad sound should be consistent and easily identifiable. It's important to be able to quickly figure out when, where, and what is going on. Having customizable sounds would lead to confusion and would probably provide some competitive advantages.
I was thinking about that aswell but personally thought that JB isn't a competitive game. We are here to have fun and something like a bomb sound changing isn't that big of an advantage that it changes the whole round. Next to that I think that it is something that we will get used to over time. There would only be a certain amount of sounds to choose from and the more active players will know the different ones in short time.

If more people say they wouldn't like it because of nostalgia/advantage or anything I do understand ofcourse.

Baefy

Ayy lmaoo
=(eGO)=
^ This I agree with a lot.
As well as I think the Jihad sound is iconic for JB and getting rid of it would be on the same level as roblox recently changing their "oof" sound.

Crazy Apple

Best Warden
=(e)=
I personally like this idea.

I think there should be a few options for bomb sounds, but they would all have to be easily identifiable, the same length, and carry the same “weight” as the current Jihad sound does. This would certainly be a difficult thing to do, but if enough time went into 2 or 4 sounds, then I think this would come out great and be a neat feature for JB.
+1

Jacko

Jailbreak Connoisseur
Manager
-1/+1

@MSWS made an excellent point of being able to consistently identify bomb sounds, however, if done right and if given few options like @Crazy Apple mentioned, I think it can work out.

Suggestions like this will continue to help our goal of diversifying CS DS Perks.

Crazy Apple

Best Warden
=(e)=
Suggestions like this will continue to help our goal of diversifying CS DS Perks
While I am all for more DS perks (no bias obviously), I think having at least one or two in the gang shop would put a huge infusion of gang activity on the server and be quite good for it. (costing an arm and a leg of course)

Not that this is anywhere near those steps. Just something that popped into my head. We don’t even have any sounds suggested 😂