Important The Minecraft Identity

will the tokens we earned in 1.16 but didn`t use still be valid?

Probably not.
Tea Tea BUTTERLOVER7683 BUTTERLOVER7683
They should be. The 1.16 Tokens post states tokens are for new maps and game modes (both plural) and does not state that they are to be used in the next map and for the next map only. Why should what we earned be null and void because we chose not to participate in a special gamemode. Decisions like this and others is exactly why the average population of each survival world during it's duration over the years has diminished.

Screenshot 2022-08-31 065838.png

Last edited:
For certain the gaining of Tokens ended permanently with Zombies. What is decided for existing will be put in an updated Tokens post.

CrossCheck CrossCheck I understand how upsetting it is; we know players put in a lot of work to gain tokens. We had so many ideas for what tokens could be used for, but we've had to cancel those plans for the purpose of simplicity and predictability with Minecraft servers. As Tea mentioned, she will create an updated post on Tokens. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

as for the tokens having gone away i have no objection if we don`t get them.
it will just make it simpler if they evaporate.

as for the tokens having gone away i have no objection if we don`t get them.
it will just make it simpler if they evaporate.
Making things simple is the way we're trying to go. It's hard to say see tokens go, especially with the hard work and time it's taken to get them (believe me, I have an immense amount of tokens I've never used), but it's too labor-intensive to keep up with.

All I need to say is, there should be two main things at people can do, play against each other, and work together.

SMP's are boring after 2 weeks, because everyone has gear and no one is fighting. But if there are battles and some hatred thrown around then it gives competition and purpose.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have it family friendly, but please make it more competitive!

All I need to say is, there should be two main things at people can do, play against each other, and work together.

SMP's are boring after 2 weeks, because everyone has gear and no one is fighting. But if there are battles and some hatred thrown around then it gives competition and purpose.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have it family friendly, but please make it more competitive!
Maybe make it so you can toggle pvp on or off. Cause I know thereā€™s gonna be some people that just wanna build and/or explore the world without worrying about being attacked by a player and losing their items, though of course it depends on if keep inventory is on or off. But I do agree. Having it a bit more competitive sounds nice.

being able to do pvp should be toggleable (is that even a word?)
i for one do not pvp but those who like it ought to be able.

Back