Editing question

Baefy

Ayy lmaoo
=(eGO)=
So im trying to make a MW3 edit of some of the decent things ive gotten recently but I can't decide on one thing.

So I mainly only shadowplay something if it falls into one of my categories I think might be ok for a small vid. But my main question is. Should I put all the categories together in a row, one after another until that category is finished? Do you think that would get kinda boring for one section, like you get it, you've had enough of it? So that in a row or should I just try and put them in at random mixing everything between?

ty for feedback <3

Reactions: aln
I think it's best to categorize the clips themselves into separate videos. What I mean is, for example, put all of your funny moments you've gathered in one video and your tips and tricks clips in another. This let's you get more pieces of content, but also separates the content for the audience that wants a specific type.

That said, I don't know exactly what you typically like to do. So to answer your specific question, grouping the categories one after another seems like the best move.

DM me your YouTube channel, I'd love to check it out.

Hey Lucas15 Lucas15 Thanks for the response. Mostly for my MW3 clips so far I got throwing knife clips, people getting shit on, me getting shit on, a few clips from a hacked lobby I got into, and some like WTF moments you could say. I want to put them all into one video but I dont know if I should throw everything in at random to keep things "fresh" and mixed up. Or if I should put say all the throwing knife kills in one part of the video, then the next be the next section of clips and so on and so forth.

Right now im leaning more to the mixed only cause I don't want it to get boring or anything even though it is nice to know what to expect sometimes.
Also I dont really have a youtube per-se but I have made 2 previous edits ill link, lmk what you think ^.^

^First edit

^Second edit

I think mixed would be a decent option! although what Lucas stated it could be a viable option to also keep the "Catagorized Clips" into different videos! so the viewer can ingage more with the video and know where the video is going! but after all it really depends on the clips, whether or not it matches together, if the mood / theme matches together etc.. it all comes down to how you want to edit it all together, but all in all I really think you should go with Mixed!

aln aln my only concern is that i dont wanna have a lot of short videos rather it be more like the 2nd video i posted the link to called eGO JB and TTT moments. In that one its just around a 5ish minute video with clips usually maxing around 30 seconds, sometimes a little longer but most prolly shorter than 30 seconds tbh.

So that's why im leaning towards the mixed set. That and also im not really trying to target any audience I just wanna upload some decent clips for ppl to laugh at lmao

Reactions: aln
aln aln my only concern is that i dont wanna have a lot of short videos rather it be more like the 2nd video i posted the link to called eGO JB and TTT moments. In that one its just around a 5ish minute video with clips usually maxing around 30 seconds, sometimes a little longer but most prolly shorter than 30 seconds tbh.

So that's why im leaning towards the mixed set. That and also im not really trying to target any audience I just wanna upload some decent clips for ppl to laugh at lmao
Alrighty! Goodluck with it Baefy :)

Hey Lucas15 Lucas15 Thanks for the response. Mostly for my MW3 clips so far I got throwing knife clips, people getting shit on, me getting shit on, a few clips from a hacked lobby I got into, and some like WTF moments you could say. I want to put them all into one video but I dont know if I should throw everything in at random to keep things "fresh" and mixed up. Or if I should put say all the throwing knife kills in one part of the video, then the next be the next section of clips and so on and so forth.

Right now im leaning more to the mixed only cause I don't want it to get boring or anything even though it is nice to know what to expect sometimes.
Also I dont really have a youtube per-se but I have made 2 previous edits ill link, lmk what you think ^.^

^First edit

^Second edit

the first clip of the second video you arent even aiming at him when you shot, wtf?

the first clip of the second video you arent even aiming at him when you shot, wtf?
Bro, i know. I considered it to be anti-CSGO'd (2nd to last clip I got CSGO'd hardcore)

but nah fr tho I was shook for that i HAD to clip it to see for myself lmaoooooooooo

Also to answer this, here's how i've done most of my compilations.

It goes something like:

good kill clip
good kill clip
good kill clip
good kill clip
funny death, whiffing, choked clip (etc.
good kill clip
good kill clip
funny moment

you get the idea. Not all compilations have to be super serious unless that's the main tone. I like to mix it up sometimes

I personally wouldn't do a video like:

good kill clip
good kill clip
good kill clip
funny
funny
funny
etc
etc
etc

I believe randomizing keeps viewer retention

Back