Mental Health

XxHeartlessxX

Poster
=(eGO)=
jpeg.jpg

Hi EdgeGamers, as you know mental health awareness is an important topic in today's world.

Many of us endure extra stress during the holiday season and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to make a thread dedicated to helping each other.
I’ve had a few people in the community reach out to me about their mental health and how gaming has helped them cope. For many of us, noise-canceling headsets not only reduce the sounds around us, but they have an odd way of making those intrusive thoughts from the day a little less loud.
One of the biggest struggles people face is loneliness. At one time or another, we all need that shoulder to lean on and that's the purpose behind this thread. I want to let you all know that no matter what you're going through, you are not alone. We may never be able to understand each other's battles 100% but know you will never have to fight those battles by yourself. Many people in this community, including myself, are in your corner.
Starting now until the new year I will be commenting on this post every day with either a new uplifting quote or some words of wisdom from different people throughout our community.
If you would like to participate in this post and share your advice, please refrain from commenting on this post and instead message me on discord so we can keep this thread well organized, thank you! —-> XxHeartlessxX#3040

Please remember my discord is open to anyone who may need to talk!

My biggest critic is myself, and there are a lot of us who are the same way.

There are people out there who criticize their body and wish they had the "ideal" body type, but many of those with the "ideal" body still wish they looked differently. There are people out there who wish their hair or eyes were a different color. There are people out there who get compliments on their personality every day but still find something wrong with it. My point is that no matter what someone has, they will never be happy with who they are. They will always crave this different version of themselves, and that’s because they cannot view themselves as other people do.

Whether we are on social media, going shopping, or simply sitting at home playing video games, we are always comparing ourselves to others, but we shouldn't keep doing that. It’s like comparing apples and oranges; they are two different things and so are you and everyone else around you. The only person you should be comparing yourself to is yourself. Look at all the things you have accomplished and all the things you have overcome during the years. You did that, not the person you wish you were. You shouldn’t compare yourself to others because others have not walked in your shoes and never will.

It’s okay to not like every single thing about yourself, but remember that every single thing about you is the reason you are who you are, and I, for one, think every single one of you guys reading this is an amazing person. Everyone has "flaws," but just know they are another piece of your puzzle, and they were put there for a reason. Without them, you wouldn’t be you. So don’t go rearranging any of your pieces, especially when they create a beautiful picture just the way they are.

Back