Do you guys use viewmodels?

Vote Here!

• Yes Viewmodels

• No Viewmodels

• Total voters

S4V4

Recovering TF2 Addict
=(e)=
I have been using viewmodel_fov 120 for about two weeks as of writing this. I'm thinking of going back to not using viewmodels though because the fewer distractions you have on your screen, the better.

Whenever I feel like not using viewmodels, I use this script:
alias "primary" "slot1; r_drawviewmodel 0"
alias "secondary" "slot2; r_drawviewmodel 0"
alias "melee" "slot3; r_drawviewmodel 1"
bind "1" "primary"
bind "2" "secondary"
bind "3" "melee"
This script hides your primary and secondary weapons while allowing your melee weapon to remain visible. This is great because being able to see your melee weapon can help even the most experienced players time their swings properly. Simply copy and paste this script into your autoexec folder, and you should be good to go.

Why would I get cool weapon skins if I can't see them? Or pay extra for spec ks when I can't see the sheen? I like viewmodels on because I can see the weapon I'm fighting with and not have to guess what I'm holding lol.

I have been using viewmodel_fov 120 for about two weeks as of writing this. I'm thinking of going back to not using viewmodels though because the fewer distractions you have on your screen, the better.

Whenever I feel like not using viewmodels, I use this script:
alias "primary" "slot1; r_drawviewmodel 0"
alias "secondary" "slot2; r_drawviewmodel 0"
alias "melee" "slot3; r_drawviewmodel 1"
bind "1" "primary"
bind "2" "secondary"
bind "3" "melee"
This script hides your primary and secondary weapons while allowing your melee weapon to remain visible. This is great because being able to see your melee weapon can help even the most experienced players time their swings properly. Simply copy and paste this script into your autoexec folder, and you should be good to go.
Ever heard of yttrium's competitive viewmodels? Does exactly that but better. It also allows usage of scroll wheel and quick switch to select weapons and still turn then off.

I mainly play demoknight and the huge sword just gets in the way, so I don't use viewmodels and have the swing time in my head.

Back