Dedicated Supporter

Kortoga

No BFBC2, No Kortoga
For some reason I thought being a Dedicated Supporter gave the member the ability to NOT be balanced.
Is this still a perk OR not? Thank you
Because I have been a dedicated supporter for years and have been balanced almost every game this week.

For some reason I thought being a Dedicated Supporter gave the member the ability to NOT be balanced.
Is this still a perk OR not? Thank you
Because I have been a dedicated supporter for years and have been balanced almost every game this week.
Hey! I am not in the Battlefield division, but I have done a lot of work with DS in general. This is indeed listed as a BF perk, but all eGO servers with this perk have been experiencing issues with auto-balance immunity perks (To my knowledge). I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue, I suggest heading to https://www.edgegamers.com/forums/bugs/ and reporting the issue there if someone hasn't already. I, myself, was auto-balanced on TF2 just yesterday, so I feel ya.

I think it is first come, first serve. If you are one of the last ones to join, you will get balanced first. I have always gotten balanced if I was one of the last to join. It makes sense to me to have it this way, so that it is fair for all players.

The biggest problem I have is hanging out on the server so that others can see someone is there. I get kicked for idle timeout just waiting for others to join. Idle timeout should only kick in if the server is full. It just happened to me. Someone else was on the server and I told them to hang in there and others would join. I went to grab a cup of coffee and when I got back, I had been kicked for idle timeout, and the other player was gone.

Last edited:
It would be nice for EdgeGamers Members to have an extended period of time before getting kicked from server , personally I don't want to just sit on the server with nothing to do for 1/2 hr , or until someone shows up . Some non members also try to get the server going at times and I'm sure it's pretty boring for them also , so like mercer812 says , maybe change the rule to kick players for inactivity only after there is a certain number of players on server , maybe not wait until it is full but if there are 8 players on each team .

Last edited:
Sorry for starting this thread and then not replying. Work has got me working. And when I start up my laptop I would rather be driving a jeep with c4 into tanks. Sounds bad, I know, but sometimes you just have to take that tank out.
OK, since this thread someone must have done something to my account because I have not been balanced. However, maybe it is just glitch problems with the BF server. Either way, I am OK with being balanced, it is just that during that week or so I had been balanced at least every game or close to it.

The idle player thing is a hard one. What if you are 6 per team and your team has 3-4 idle players. That would make for a rough experience. The server and whatever scripts are written cannot know the intentions of why the player is idle. Waiting for others to join, or sand bagging a group of players (intentionally or not) by taking out the trash and getting caught up talking to the neighbor (for 15 minutes). It is a hard one to call. Probably best to stick with kicking everyone and then letting that person figure it out. Just my take on it.

Back