The end is coming for BFBC2

mercer812

Poster
=(eGO)=
I just read on several different sites that EA will delist 3 games in April including BFBC2. The servers will stay up until December 8th. It has been a fun ride. I will try and play on Majors server as much as possible till then, only 9 months left.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/legacy-sunset
sad so sad ):

As we close in on 15 years since the release of Battlefield 1943, and Bad Company™ 1 & 2, we are announcing that their journey is coming to an end.

Starting April 28 2023, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield: Bad Company 1 & 2 will be removed from digital storefronts and you will no longer be able to purchase them. This is in preparation for the retirement of the online services for these titles which will happen on December 8 2023. For Bad Company 1 & 2, you can still continue playing them and use their respective offline features, such as the single player campaign. You can also read our FAQ and Service Updates for further information on the retirement of online services.

While these titles hold a special place in our heart, we’re now looking forward to creating new memories alongside you as we shift our focus towards our current and future Battlefield experiences.

With this announcement we also want to take a moment today to reflect on our time with Battlefield 1943 and, Bad Company 1 & 2. We share amazing memories of not only their development, but also playing them alongside you.

1943multiscrniwojimaprint5ww-jpg.jpg.adapt.320w.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing these games losing support is sad, but I'm not entirely surprised. It allows them to shift their focus to other games and projects. I hope everyone makes the best of the final months, with BC2 in particular.

• Turdle
Reactions: Ric
I take it this means there is absolutely no way to play the multiplayer version without the EA servers supporting it?

Since Bad Co 2 was coming to an end I've been playing the heck out of the game. I finally reached the rank of 50 in game since my playing time was always limited due to work and school. Its a fitting end. I also have gone back and played the solo game a few times as well.

I've always disliked the fact that neither game (BF1943 and Bad Company 1) ever came to PC; I believe they were only on their respective consoles (7th gen, ps3/x360), which will have no way of going back online, unfortunately. (I still say that Battlefield 5 should have been marketed as BF1944, it would have been way more anticipated lol! Maybe I'm wrong but that's neither here nor there.)

Bad Company 2 does have hope, but only with the PC version; they often have community support after the game's life cycle comes to its end. BullyHunter mentioned 'Project Rome' which also came up in my own previous google searches. Still, it's better than not having it available at all!

I'm actually going to give it an install and jump on the game for the last few months, get some last hurrahs in officially.

It is a shame about Bad Company 1 and BF1943, not really any way to preserve the game and the online aspect of it, especially 1943. I don't think Xenia would be able to emulate 1943's online aspect all that great.

Another good game is coming to an end :/ I've had so many good times on Bad Company 2. The new ones don't even come close to as good of a time as I've shared with friends on BC2 except for maybe Battlefield 4.

fweakz fweakz It's inevitable that games eventually come to an end, but memories shared will persist forever. There is no escaping the truth that the Matrix dictates. Make the most of the remaining time before termination.

Back