"Client dropped by server"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried joining the server and i got a message that said "Client dropped by server" i was able to connect to other servers but not eGO.

below is a quote from the console of me joining and getting disconnected.
Day of Defeat: Source
Map: dod_avalanche
Players: 12 / 26
Build 2841
Server Number 5
SetConVar: No such cvar ( mani_nextmap set to dod_avalanche), skipping
SetConVar: No such cvar ( mani_tickrate set to 67), skipping
SetConVar: No such cvar ( mani_reserve_slots set to 1), skipping
Disconnect: Client dropped by server.
Disconnect: Client dropped by server.

If I knew more about it I would definately help you out. Unfortunately, DoD:S is riddled with technical problems. Give JohnT, Artimus, or Kendle a PM if you still need help.

Fuzzy, sometimes the problem may be either with the ISP (Internet Service Provider) on the server side or the client side.

It goes through a few retries if it can't get the data packets from the server (or client), and drops the connection after a certain number of attempts.

Reasons? Could be anything such as congestion at either client or server ISP side, bad line, etc.

It is the same as when you are watching cable or satellite TV and sometimes you get those black blocks messing the picture, or the pic is lost for a few seconds or minutes. The digital box tries to recover....but sometimes the box has to reboot itself.

In a game, the server or your own computer (client) drops the connection, forcing you to reselect the server to connect.

All you can do is grit your teeth and live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back