buying weights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

EGO Addict
hey guys its Pierce here. i want to know if you guys can help me find some nice dumbbells. im trying to llok for sets that range from 10-75 lbs sets.im just trying to lift since i lifted a little in PE (btw, im not a woman trying to get buff, im a guy :) )

Any fitness store like academy or hess? fitness should carry similar if not the same dumbbells. I think most are probably 50cents a pound, but don't quote me on that. There are some types that you can add weight to the dumbbell, but I find just getting a few mixed between 10-35 usually works fine. Only get something higher if you're really serious. Plus a 75 pound dumbbell is a monster, if you've only lifted in pe then you probably don't want to pick one of those up.

well trying to buy them online for a good price. maybe some hex dumbbells and like noyade said "Plus a 75 pound dumbbell is a monster, if you've only lifted in pe then you probably don't want to pick one of those up. " im gonna be using them for leg workouts

ya i took weight lifting too semester and bench like 265 and cant lift a 75 pound dumbell so i would stay alot lower then that otherwise u might pull something. get some small like 5 to 10 pounders for basic lifting and u coudl ike walk with those and get up to liek 20 or 25 tops that works well after a while if u just use them often.

Even still, it's rough holding two 75 pound dumbbells. If you've done it before, then go for it. I'd rather a barbell for things like squats or lunges, more weight without having to worry about holding on to them.

Well, you can probably find nice weight sets at places like Decathlon or Olympia Sports (if you live in the U.S.). Most sports stores have a fitness area with weights and home-gyms and stuff like that. Some can be quite pricy, but theyre pretty much all the same...a weight is a weight.

Psht. What have waits ever done for me? I get bored of waiting so I find something else to do.....

(\_/)
( '_' )
("||") FEAR THE BUNNY. IT POSSESSES MORE POWER THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE.......

WOW!!! this thread has absolutely gone off topic from finding myself some good prices to fat bunnies. :(

You just gotta do some leg work around your area to find the cheapest prices, it probably won't be to amazingly different at places though. You could always see if someone is selling weights in the classified if you want cheap prices, or possibly a garage sale.

Hey, what could possibly be uninteresting about fat bunnies? Besides, maybe the bunny is looking for good weights at good prices too! You and the bunny might have something in common (no I'm not saying your fat because you probly arent, something else in common : )

[quote1156808502=mrs.pierce]
WOW!!! this thread has absolutely gone off topic from finding myself some good prices to fat bunnies. :(
[/quote1156808502]

Fat bunnies is not off the topic of good weights and good prices, dunno how any of you could possibly thinkg that!

OMG! this thread is completly hopeless. next time ima make a thread that is so specific that its not gonna go off topic.

Noxus, that is an insult to all bunnies. You should be ashamed. Bunnys are nice, furry rabid creatures that would never do anything to hurt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back