2gb ram?

ELF {RD}

Poster
i wasnt sure to put this in general discussion or tech help but whatever. My computer has two ram slots that are taken by two 512mb ram sticks, i dont want to replace one with only a 1gb ram stick so i was wondering are there 2gb ram sticks and if so where can i get one?

umm, i dont believe theres a 2gb ram stick but you could get two brand-spaniki' new 1gb's and there you go.
When i brought my computer it came w/ 2 gb's and i have yet to change anything

u posted on my alienware thread too saying u didnt know any of the stuff we were talkin bout, but haha its ok thanks anyway

[quote1182590523=LegendOfChaos13]
actually i do believe there is an 8 gigabyte stick out so theres got to be a 2
[/quote1182590523]

Yep thats true but they are mega expensive and only for people with servers or for people who do a lot of special effects work on their rigs,you can get 4 gig kits for a decent price now (two 2 gig sticks).

[quote1182615833=Razz Ma Tazz [UK]]
[quote1182590523=LegendOfChaos13]
actually i do believe there is an 8 gigabyte stick out so theres got to be a 2
[/quote1182590523]

Yep thats true but they are mega expensive and only for people with servers or for people who do a lot of special effects work on their rigs,you can get 4 gig kits for a decent price now (two 2 gig sticks).

yeah thats true

gaming doesnt not require more than 2 gigs but 3 or 4 is good for running multiple games or programs at once
[/quote1182615833]

2x1GB sticks is pleanty. The 32 bit version of Windows XP can only use 3GB of ram properly anyway so there is little use for more than two for most of us.

[quote1182795873=ELF]
i wasnt sure to put this in general discussion or tech help but whatever. My computer has two ram slots that are taken by two 512mb ram sticks, i dont want to replace one with only a 1gb ram stick so i was wondering are there 2gb ram sticks and if so where can i get one?
[/quote1182795873]

Elf, what kinda ram do you need exactly? I am selling some, but need to know exactly what you need.

[link=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145180]Throw one of these puppies in[/link] and you'll notice a huge improvement.

Plus at a $100 price tag, how can you go wrong?

best buy (at least the one near me) just had a huge sale on 2-1gig sticks from PNY for only 80 bucks. originally $210. id say check there first cause you cannot get a better deal than that. but if you're going to upgrade your ram, you should put in two identical sticks, that way they work best with each other.

hey guys you all are right that theres slots of 2 gb. the question that you all should ask yourselfs if you want to uprgrade your memory(RAM) is if your pc has the capability to handle it? the way you all can find out if your pc is capable of getting upgrades, like in this case, is by going to your pc manufacters homepage and looking for your system model specs. most manufactors provide on their websites a list of whats the maximum ram the pc can have. i believe they even say the name of the hardware thats suitable for your pc model.

outlaw

Back