Sudden Disconnection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxus

EGO Addict
First of all, I've created this thread in the General Discussion forum so all members of the clan along with the guys in =(e)= can see it. I just think you guys should know this.

If I'm playing in the server with one of you guys, and you notice that it sais that I've suddenly disconnected, 99% of the time, it means my game crashed. This means I have to manually reboot my computer and bring DoD back up and join the server again. This has been a problem of mine ever since I bought the game about three months ago. I've checked the official help forums for Steam and Valve, I've e-mailed both companies about my specific problems, yet so far nothing has been able to put a permanent end to this plague of crashes. Hopefully I will be getting a new driver soon, and hopefully that will stop this madness, but until then, there is nothing I can do about this. For the most part it plays normally and without a shred of lag, but the crashes are just lurking in the shadows waiting. So the next time I suddenly disconnect mid-match, you guys know why. Thanks.

Make sure all your drivers are up to date, including sound drivers and what not. If you think it might be related to a video driver, you could always try a semi third party one like omega drivers(they tweak the original drivers).

You could always get ahold of me on xfire or aim.
I would be happy to help.

1. virus scan ur computer
2. update video card drivers
3. update sound card (if u have) drivers
4. get better internet eh?

My computer does that a lot because of overheating. Do you think this could be your problem? Anyway, I managed to fix the problem by tearing off the case and putting a large fan near it (this is the extent to my computer-hardware expertise). :)

I have a sudden disconnection too....

Its when my wife wakes up and starts complaining about me playing the game too much :(

I had some problems like that before...now I still have some lag when I connect and when I leave...and these days only time my connection goes away, is cause I accidentally pressed the quit button ^^

[quote1157467023=-Flags not Frags-]
My computer does that a lot because of overheating. Do you think this could be your problem? Anyway, I managed to fix the problem by tearing off the case and putting a large fan near it (this is the extent to my computer-hardware expertise). :)
[/quote1157467023]

To you flags, I say this...

GIT R' DONE!!!!!! !amazed !amazed !amazed !amazed

Lol John, I'm 15 so I don't have to worry about a wife yet :D

Artimus, I use a wireless Linksys modem. I've never had problems with it before, and I play BF2 and CoD and stuff with it with no problem. This is the only game that has ever given me some flak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back